This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod in a Zafira VXR

I ordered a black VXR yesterday from Vauxhall stock and it will be delivered to the dealer next Friday.Apparently there are at least 99 silver and 99 black ones showing on the system !
    The dealer isn't sure how or even if you can hook up an ipod to the stereo other than by tuning it into the FM radio.
    I wonder whether there is an auxillary socket somewhere to connect the ipod to and which would let you controlit through the steering wheel buttons.
    Can anyone help please.

Hi
    I have replaced my head unit with a pioneer but from memory the standard vauxhall one does not have an aux socket. Although it is a mp3 player....
    hope this helps
    cheers
    mark

Comment

Google for 'Dension Ice Link'. I've got one in my workhorse (Peugeot 306...) and it's great. I'll be getting one for the family car (Zafira GSi) soon I think.

Comment

Hi I also have a black VXR Zafira. I fitted an ipod into mine about 2 months ago. You will need a ice>Link FM Modulator as they do not provide a straight link to vauxhall head units. The ice>Link FM Modulator
        conects to the Aerial input in the back of the head unit with no loss of quality. You will need some keys to get the unit out, and an adapter as vauxhall uses a new type of aerial male plug. Have a look at http://www.ghc.co.uk/icelink. Took me about 30 mins to have up and running.

Comment

Thanks for the info vxr.marty.That seems to be what i was looking for.

Comment

Can you share the details of and where you obtained the adapters for the vauxhall aerial male & female plugs? Have searched for ages on how to hardwire one of these units! Thanks.

Comment

I had the Harmon Kardon Drive+Play ipod device fitted to my car last week.It is absolutely brilliant.The ipod lives in the glovebox.There is a remote control unit next to the gear lever and a small lcd display by the front quarter light .Sounds and looks great.
              http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/default.aspx
              Also had a bluetooth phone device fitted.This works through the stereo and dips the sound when it rings.
              Also had a power lead for my Tomtom Go hard wired to the car so there is no trailing lead to the 12v output.
              I will try and post some pics later.

Comment

I'd be keen to learn how the connection between the Harmon Kardon Drive+Play ipod unit and the Zafira head unit is made?
                I'm still trying to identify appropriate connectors / adapters to connect to the vauxhall radio as the Zafira doesn't use DIN type aerial connectors?
                Would value some help here anyone!
                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X