Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VXR - Want to take your VXR on a race track?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR - Want to take your VXR on a race track?

Righty, I asked this a month or so back but had minimal interest, but im going to asked again as my veins are full of petrol again after the BTCC...

Track day for the VXR owners (ALL VXR's).

What im suggesting is booking out set sessions at a proper race circuit. This gives you the chance to push your car as hard, or as soft as you wish. You can plod around enjoying the fact your on a circuit, or if your like myself, push and push trying to improve every time. Either way, it doesn't matter.

Good points of track....

You can go as fast or as slow as you want, no Mr Policeman, and its legal....
    You can drive faster and safer, full well knowing that the other people on track will be more likely to be better drivers and have good observational skills as we all have a common interest... Cars, and preferably, not smashing them up.
    You get to drive round a race circuit..... Good bragging rights down the pub (if thats what your into )

Bad points

You need your own insurance for the day
    If you stuff it up, its your issue to resolve.

Now I've got two circuits in mind here.

Brands Hatch (expensive) or
    Donnington Park (unknown cost, but cheaper than BH).

This whole idea will depend on numbers. The more cars we get, the more chance of having VXR only sessions. The less cars increase the chance of just joining a pre set session with various other cars. tbh, im happy with either.

Costs, I should imagine will be between £90-£150, I will need to confirm pricing, but need the initial interest. Obviously plus any consumables such as tyres, fuel, brake pads etc (depends how hard your going to drive).

Im going to post this on all 3 VXR sites with a link to each in the bottom.

Who's interested? (as I say, need interest before its worth me looking into more).

http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showth...918#post131918

Sadly, us (modified) Monaros would be too noisey and wont be allowed on most tracks, even with the optional silencers on

Comment

That is a good point for Monaro owners with the exhaust.

I think its just you 5.7 and 6.0 V8 owners wouldn't want to be shown up with lap times compared to a diddy 4 pot 2.0 Astra :wink:

Nope, that is a good point though, think most circuits will have a 100db @ 3000rpm type limitation so this could effect some owners.

Comment

yeah put me down donnington sounds good nice circuit

Comment

I HAVE JUST HAD SOMEONE CONFIRM THAT THE MILTEX ON THE MONARO IS OK for track use.

There are a few other exhaust systems that won't qualify.

If your interested and own a monaro and would like to check, let me know and i'll find out (will need to know your cars exhaust system, any extra boxes removed etc).

Comment

Donnington sounds good. When are you thinking of going?
            I'll finally find out if the 7 seater can keep up with the rest of the vxr's.

Comment

Guys have you seen the option to go to the track day on the Tuner GP on the 26th August

Comment

Can't believe we've not had ANY Monaros come along to the track on on the 26th?

Comment

Working...
                X