Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let VXRacing Know How The Fans Feel...

Hi guys,

1st of all I would like to say what an exciting day it was yesterday at Brands and thank you to VXRonline for the promotions and passes through-out the year...

Anyway, Both me and my good lady wife are lucky enough to get involved with the BTCC a little closer than some through her job and yesterday we were lucky enough to obtain paddock and grid walk passes. While in the paddock yesterday afternoon we were stopped by ITV4 (simply because we were donning GM sports wear) and asked what our thoughts were about VXR leaving the BTCC series. After the short interview i looked closely at the supporting crowds and thought "do the people within VX racing who call the shots really realise the support they get from the fans and what it all means???"

For me, after attending a few meetings this year and avidly following it on the TV where I haven't been able to get to the missed meetings there will be a huge hole in next years venues where the VXR promotional bit and pieces and racing team used to stand, leaving it wide open for the opposition to fill, not a good one in the current credit climate as some who buy and love their cars on the strength of their favourite winning team (possibly the roads will be filled by BMW next year???)

I think its worth in replying to the message but keeping it short with your feelings and opinions and lets hope the right people at VX racing take it board for the fans who support in buying their cars?

Dont think there is much to worry about mate - there will be some sort of private (888?) entry racing vx's next year.

I think its all part of a bigger plan... think about it, what car would VX run next yr? A discontinued Vectra? New Astra thats not been developed yet? nah. Once the season starts there is no testing either so what makes more sense is to take a year out, get the new Astra ready to the new specs and use the year testing as much as they like, then once the following season starts they can enter a fully tested car that wins races and promotes Astra sales

Comment

Originally posted by ChuGNutS View Post
      I think its all part of a bigger plan... think about it, what car would VX run next yr? A discontinued Vectra? New Astra thats not been developed yet? nah.

actually you are right in one sense regarding the 2 cars mentioned, but developement had started on the insignia until the decision was made to take a sabatical due to the unforseen future and sale of GME.........

Comment

Im gutted that vx racing is no more it has left a big gap for next year .
        I just hope they will put somthing together for 2011.
        Many thanks to all involved at vauxhall,vxr online and 888 for doing what they done for all us vxr drivers and vx racing fans its been a great season.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie View Post
          actually you are right in one sense regarding the 2 cars mentioned, but developement had started on the insignia until the decision was made to take a sabatical due to the unforseen future and sale of GME.........
          Would it have been competative though? Makes much more sense for VX to re-enter with a kick @ss Astra as thats where the bulk sales are - even more so if the engine regs are moving to a 2.0ltr turbo format.

It will be interesting next yr (and the following yr) and I hope more manufacturers look to the BTCC (esp if the new rules help cut costs) and we see lots of car marques battling again.

More manufacturers = more fans = bigger gate £'s = better for circuits + more TV coverage = better sponsorship = lower costs for teams = more teams can enter!!! lololol - if only it were that simple

Its been the best years racing this decade imo lets hope the future of BTCC is bright

Comment

It wont be the same without VX. Lets hope its just a single year break and they return in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuGNutS View Post
              Would it have been competative though? Makes much more sense for VX to re-enter with a kick @ss Astra as thats where the bulk sales are - even more so if the engine regs are moving to a 2.0ltr turbo format.
              Very much so and more so than the current vectra which has passed its use by date.......Just like the outgoing BTCC vectra which had a much better aerodynamic property over the earlier astra sportshatch btcc car, the insignia again would be in a much better earodynamic position over the new mk6 5 door astra hatch and thats the way it was heading but now will we ever really know, only time will tell, but next years end of year marketing/sales results will possibly dictate what will and wont happen in the world of Vauxhall & motorsport.

Stu, Dougie and many others have their work cut out for them in 2010., and not forgetting a big hole to fill and I wish them all the best of luck....

Comment

I think its a big shame, im very much sure when its all gone next season Vauxhall will relise.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

I'd be surprised if the vectras just disappear off the face of the earth. I think that some or all of them will be sold to private teams run under their own team names/sponsors.

Comment

Originally posted by staccato View Post
                    I'd be surprised if the vectras just disappear off the face of the earth. I think that some or all of them will be sold to private teams run under their own team names/sponsors.
                    Would make great track day cars, just replace the engines and they would be good to go.......after 2 more seasons though in BTCC they will be worth nothing with the changes in regs coming out......with a much lower budget privateer team at the helm I think we would end up seeing them disappear to the back of the grid much like the astras before!
                    Last edited by Aussie; 5 October 2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X