This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• total vauxhall live...

Hi everyone hope you are all ok, not been on here for a while but me and Amelia decided to take a trip out to castle combe today after she won free tickets to the total vauxhall show and a passenger ride in waynes corsa.

I also took the opportunity to do my first ever track session .... and I LOVED it

Think I have got the bug now and definitely need to get myself some more time on the track in the near future, it was really good fun and if there's anyone reading that is in 2 minds about going on the track I would recommend it, such a great feeling to let rip on the track and throw your car into some corners...

But for now I thought I would share a few pics of my day. All in all it was a great day, Amelia and I both really enjoyed it, I think for a first show it was a great success. Just a shame it happened to be on the same weekend as usc. Thanks for looking and was good to see so many familiar faces today

Some shots of Amelia on her passenger laps with Anna:

Amelia with Anna in Waynes beast:

Lee
    Last edited by L3E_A_X; 12 August 2010, 12:55 PM.
    Astra Edition #105
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Nice pics mate was a great day.
    ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Awesome day really enjoyed it. Can't wait to go again now haha. You did really well around track as well, a million times better than me so think I will stay as a passenger haha xx

Comment

Nice one mate cars look great bet it was a diff experience in waynes car lol

Great pics also car stands out from the rest on that pic
        With the corsa c

Comment

thanks just found some more off me on the track

Comment

Good pics mate glad to chat to you again.
            sigpic

Team HARD.
            ...I'm a Regal dare devil...

Comment

Originally posted by Js_VXR View Post
              Good pics mate glad to chat to you again.
              cheers mate, yeah good to see you again...

You goin to trax next month?
              Astra Edition #105
              Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Originally posted by vxrryan View Post
                Nice one mate cars look great bet it was a diff experience in waynes car lol

Great pics also car stands out from the rest on that pic
                With the corsa c
                Yeah Amelia said waynes car was awesome, says the LSD makes such a difference to the handling in and out of the corners too. Think she enjoyed it out there lol.

That corsa c was rapid, he was the fastest on that session I reckon, he was running a 2.0 astra vxr lump in that thing!
                Astra Edition #105

Comment

cool pix, cheers for putting the link up

Comment

great pic's mystvxr was so lucky to get on track 100db limit

his car 99.8 phew

Comment

glad she had fun mate,tell her my passenger seat is nice to sit in,most of the time ,but on the day anna nicked the passenger seat cushions,to help her see over the steering wheel.

if you are looking to get out on to track again,come to the power festival at silverstone and book the 12.15 track session on the 29th,its £10 and i hope its all corsa vxr's.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by napa1985 View Post
                        great pic's mystvxr was so lucky to get on track 100db limit

his car 99.8 phew
                        ouch that's pretty close! What exhaust is that with?

Mine was 80 I think, noticed on the sheet though when he wrote mine on that somebody hit 101 so they would have been turned down. Makes you wonder if just the angle that they hold the meter would make a difference of 1 or 2 db
                        Astra Edition #105

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
                          glad she had fun mate,tell her my passenger seat is nice to sit in,most of the time ,but on the day anna nicked the passenger seat cushions,to help her see over the steering wheel.

if you are looking to get out on to track again,come to the power festival at silverstone and book the 12.15 track session on the 29th,its £10 and i hope its all corsa vxr's.
                          yeah she enjoyed it mate, cheers

I'll take a look at that power festival, sometimes there is an age limit of 21 though on these power events so will have to double check that.

However we are planning to attend trax next month and hopefully get some more track time, so should see you there
                          Astra Edition #105

Comment

Just a really sad question really. What do you guys do about track insurance? Are there any companies you guys recommend? Obviously ordinary insurance is void on these tracks...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanners View Post
                              Just a really sad question really. What do you guys do about track insurance? Are there any companies you guys recommend? Obviously ordinary insurance is void on these tracks...
                              I personally don't bother, there are quite a few companies out there that will do insurance. I friend of mine uses a company call 'Herts' but its expensive, he pays round about £300 a day for his 2003 M3.

Waste of time IMO, the excess is about £3,000. Cost him £3,300 before you even start. Sure you could repair the car of less than that in most cases dependant on the crash. So many exclusions too.
                              Last edited by Lawro; 9 August 2010, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X