This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Trip to Castle Combe with a difference

I had booked my ticket for TV Live and couldn't wait to get to my first show, it came to the day before so spent a fair bit of time cleaning to get the car ready for the show getting it looking exactly how i wanted.

Wanted to make sure i had loads of time to get to Castle Combe allowing me to do a bit of a touch up for the gates opened so got up at 4am to be ready and finally leaving at 5am

I was making good progress along the M25 when I suddenly heard a loud bang car jolted onto the rumble strip and the steering wheel started to do a horrible shudder, I pulled into clacket lane services and this was the result.

Thinking I new what I was doing I thought I would give the compressor and sealant a whack but ended up getting a bit emotional
    After realising that I actually stood no chance of fixing it myself I had to resort to phoning the RAC. RAC for some reason sent a van out, which actually couldn't tow me anywhere. I then had to wait even longer for a flatbed to turn up and take me back home so I could get a new tyre.

After eventually getting back home (Bexley) and getting the tyre changed I left for another journey back to Castle Come at 10 am, finally making it there for 1pm, although this was due to the help from 7 cans of energy drink

This is one of the vids I got from the day.

Apart from the horrible start today I thought the show was really good and will definately go next year hopefully with no c**k ups this time

I ended up getting home after a long and tiring day

Hope you like my story with a difference
    Debadged, Tinted Windows, Carbon fibre bits, Cobra Exhaust, Rarb, Pro Kit Springs, EDS Tophat, Forge Recirc Valve, Oil restrictor bolt, TXA Intercooler, Pipercross cone, CDTI Hose, KTM Orange Snowflakes - TMS Stage 3 Map 290 BHP and 347 Torque

you got there in the end thats wot counts. i now need 2 front tyres after a good day at castlecombe

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmark View Post
      you got there in the end thats wot counts. i now need 2 front tyres after a good day at castlecombe
      Yer definately, suppose I can't really complain about having to replace 1 then lol
      Debadged, Tinted Windows, Carbon fibre bits, Cobra Exhaust, Rarb, Pro Kit Springs, EDS Tophat, Forge Recirc Valve, Oil restrictor bolt, TXA Intercooler, Pipercross cone, CDTI Hose, KTM Orange Snowflakes - TMS Stage 3 Map 290 BHP and 347 Torque

Comment

Shame about all the hassle but it was a good day and at least you got there in the end mate

Ps I really like you're blacked out rear lights, suit the car really well imo
        Astra Edition #105
        Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
          Shame about all the hassle but it was a good day and at least you got there in the end mate

Ps I really like you're blacked out rear lights, suit the car really well imo
          Yer it was worth it in the end Cheers mate there not to everyones taste but I think they go really well with the black

Comment

Working...
          X