This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from Wales Tour II

Just liked to thank everyone who turned up - was good to see familar and a few new faces today - hopefully you all enjoyed the experience/ride and the harty breakfast we had at the Ponderosa. Sadly I forgot the camera, but Im sure those of you that were taking pics will be along later and will upload these soon.

As some of you found out today - this drive is probably one of the best ways of understanding the benefits & needs for of a RARB, especially on an Astra - I think Whiteline should sponsor us in this great way of promoting their excellent device

Nurburgnicky - hope you found fuel on the way back OK ??

Sadly that may probably the last time we can do this run this year, as soon bad weather will close that particular pass, but we will be back ASAP next year !
    Last edited by R15VXR; 27 September 2009, 07:07 PM.
    sigpic

As some of you found out today - this drive is probably one of the best ways of understanding the benefits & needs for of a RARB, especially on an Astra - I think Whiteline should sponsor us in this great way of promoting their excellent device

Yes i think this may be our next mod due to a few twitches on the botty on some of them adverse camber corners.

We JUST about made it to a fuel stop (will explain later with pics) but did think we may be walking some of the journey at one point. 260 miles at MPG running on fumes by the time we got fuel

Loved the meet from start to finish (although early finish) it was great being able to chat to you all

Looking forward to doing this again next year hopefully with RARB fitted to stop the botty twitching and a FULL tank of fuel

Pics should be here in next hour

Richard see you next week bright and early and thanks again for an excellent well organised meet

Nicky and Norman

ps Simon get them flies cleaned off far too many for a 1st meet
    REGIONAL ORGANISER covering MANCHESTER, NORTH WALES CHESHIRE & MERSEYSIDE

Comment

Big thanks to Richard for organising this great meet today.

I have just finished cleaning the flies of the front of mine and i will post them back to Wales tomorrow.

I have put some pics up here that i took today.

See you all next Sunday nice and early.
      sigpic

Comment

We have been to macro and got a case of stimulant drink for the drive down next sunday should keep us awake for the trip.lol

Comment

Thinking ahead i will either do the same or go to bed at around midday on the Saturday. lol
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nurburgnicky View Post
            We have been to macro and got a case of stimulant drink for the drive down next sunday should keep us awake for the trip.lol
            pmsl - are we all sharing

Originally posted by Baz07 View Post
            Thinking ahead i will either do the same or go to bed at around midday on the Saturday. lol
            and me

Originally posted by Baz07 View Post
            Big thanks to Richard for organising this great meet today.

I have just finished cleaning the flies of the front of mine and i will post them back to Wales tomorrow.

I have put some pics up here that i took today.

See you all next Sunday nice and early.

Glad you all enjoyed it

Indeed - see you all at silly hour next week
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nurburgnicky View Post

Yes i think this may be our next mod due to a few twitches on the botty on some of them adverse camber corners.

We JUST about made it to a fuel stop (will explain later with pics) but did think we may be walking some of the journey at one point. 260 miles at MPG running on fumes by the time we got fuel

Loved the meet from start to finish (although early finish) it was great being able to chat to you all

Looking forward to doing this again next year hopefully with RARB fitted to stop the botty twitching and a FULL tank of fuel

Pics should be here in next hour

Richard see you next week bright and early and thanks again for an excellent well organised meet

Nicky and Norman

ps Simon get them flies cleaned off far too many for a 1st meet
              didn't think my car would be so dirty, hopefully clean it tomorrow. need a rarb definately and better brakes , had a great day and hope to meet again, soon. have some photos to upload soon.

Comment

was good day!

never pushed as hard as last time thou! and never used as much petty either!

i enjoyed listening to my remus thou

Comment

Thanks Rich for organising a good day. I think I may have hit a sheep, or there are just a lot of flies stuck to my car now. Can't be sure, it's a mess

Comment

Some pics from today

Pre meet Llangollen Harp monument

Ponderosa Cafe pre breakfast

Post breakfast (spot the first of many suicidal sheep we came across )

on our nice sunday drive (with a renault that joined in )

A brief stop at the lake

and then it was back onto the drive unfortunately when this appeared

we left the convoy in search of fuel Looked on sat nav petrol station just round corner got there it was closed, not to worry next petrol station within 3miles arrived there sign NO PETROL asked the guy where next one was his reply "about a mile up the road, turn right at the lights its about 1/2 mile on your right" that mile and a half must have been about 10 miles we have never been so relieved to see a Texaco thought we may have been pushing the burg here was our fuel gauge as we pulled in

anyway fuelled up and went to my mums for a brew

didn't hit any suicidal sheep or spot any police in bushes but had a fantastic day.

ps Baz do you want to share postage on returning a few more flies to wales (even our wing mirrors are covered)

Comment

Great pics, well recorded as usual Nicky
                      sigpic

Comment

Can i say a big thank you to everyone for making me and the missus feel welcome, It was a great morning and im glad i came along with you guys. Sorry i cut it a bit short but maybe next time i will stick around for the rest of the day. Once again thank you all.......

Comment

Nicky postage share is no problem just have to get a bigger envelope

I think the flies on the front of your car were trying to make a pattern to match the chequers. lol

richVXR it was good to meet you both today, hope to see you again some time.
                          sigpic

Comment

That almost made me cry looking at the pics from today,as i wanted to be there so bad but unfortunately my work had kindly given me a shift change :{:{:{:{:{

Comment

Great day again, good route and nice weather ish.

roll on next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X