This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teeside Autodrome - VXR Trackday Event

Anybody up for a track-day event at Teeside Autodrome?....I've never been before and it looks pretty good! They do club days too and cannot see it being hard to get a booking for us VXR members.

Just gauging interest as it does cost money to go.

http://www.teessideautodrome.co.uk/index.php

http://www.thetrackdayclub.co.uk/

1. Dan_vxR
    2. VXR Paul
    3. vx220z22se
    Last edited by Dan_vxR; 26 July 2010, 08:28 PM.

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

been round there on a go kart a couple of times, seems quite a good track really (altho its the only track iv driven on lol) theres a bar and that from what i remember and its usually a canny day out
    Arden VXR, 19" Anthrecite alloys, TMS Stage 3, Forge FMIC, Remus, K&N Panel filter, Insignia washer jets, RARB, DAP's, Sight and light, Keyless, Forge recirc valve, Percys oil restrictor and breather box, 3 Gauge conversion, VXR front grille badge, VXRonline window stickers and The Origional Percys Airbox

Comment

Not been round myself appart from on the Go-Karts.

A couple of mates hired it to take thier motorbikes on recently. It cost them £40 each for the morning (during the week). They were split into two groups of 2 and 3 (they don't allow big groups on at one time, with the maximum allowed been 6). As there were just two groups they managed about 5 sessions during the morning which covered about 10-15 laps per session.

Just a note, there are no proper runouts on the track, it's a karting track after all so if you come off there is a good chance you will hit a barrier. Also when my mates did there track day, there are no martials or medics. Just the guy who runs the event.
      THE GRASSHOPPER HAS LANDED
      Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

Nice1, Good info! From what you guys say and i'd be up for it

looks like we could have a fun day, just need to know who would like to go and then we could arrange a date etc

Comment

been round 100's of times in karts and cars, good circuit, you'll touch a ton on the back straight in a VXR no bother.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

For general testing (midweek) where there is no safety cover its usually fully caged cars and nomex overalls & helmets only.

Last edited by vx220z22se; 22 July 2010, 02:41 PM.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by vx220z22se View Post
              been round 100's of times in karts and cars, good circuit, you'll touch a ton on the back straight in a VXR no bother.
              looking good then (on your door step too lol)

If we can get 10 names down it will be worth booking?

Comment

Offtopic... I seen your car today Dan.. I think...

Next to DACCS hair dressers in Glebe about 2ish?
                Ignorance is temporary... Stupidity lasts forever.

Comment

now then this really does sound like my cup of tea i would 100% be up for this
                  ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Originally posted by Smil3r View Post
                    Offtopic... I seen your car today Dan.. I think...

Next to DACCS hair dressers in Glebe about 2ish?
                    haha...that was me getting me wig cut

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                    now then this really does sound like my cup of tea i would 100% be up for this
                    Me to paul soon as we get some more names down for it i will make an enquiry

Comment

just an update on my earlier post.

After speaking to the lads that were on with their bikes, it wasn't actually a track day event. They just hired the track for a morning. You can hire the track during the week with a maximum of 6 people attending. So slightly different to the official organised track days.

Comment

whats the width of the track ?
                        Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Wide enough for 2 cars to pass comfortably on the straights, I'd suggest no more than 3 cars on at once though otherwise it gets busy, on which note the 24 hour kart race on August BH has 75 entries!

Comment

slightly off topic, but regarding Track Days.

Some owners clubs are able to hire tracks for club track days. Such as L.O.T (Lotus on Track), H.O.T. (Honda On track) etc. I wonder if there was enough interest this could be set up at Croft. Current track days (open to the public) are about £150 for the day, helmet hire is £10 for the day, tuition is extra (can't remember how much I paid for half a days tuition when I first went on Croft).

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Stu View Post
                              slightly off topic, but regarding Track Days.

Some owners clubs are able to hire tracks for club track days. Such as L.O.T (Lotus on Track), H.O.T. (Honda On track) etc. I wonder if there was enough interest this could be set up at Croft. Current track days (open to the public) are about £150 for the day, helmet hire is £10 for the day, tuition is extra (can't remember how much I paid for half a days tuition when I first went on Croft).

is this through Croft itself ?
                              i am there next wednesday so could have a chat with someone
                              Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Working...
                              X