This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karting August 15th Teesside

I have a kart race booked at Teesside autodrome on Sunday August 15th and have some spare spaces.

This is on the full 2.1km circuit which will give you the chance to experience the circuit layout that would be used for track days.

Price is £50 per person which is for a 20 minute practice and qualifying followed by a 40 minute race. Signing on is from 11.30am, 12 noon race start.

Twin engined pro karts, all equipment (suit, helmet and overalls) supplied, but you can bring your own.

I will be raffling the entry fee for one lucky racer to be returned. Maximum 30 karts and I currently have 15.

PM me to book.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Originally posted by vx220z22se View Post
    I have a kart race booked at Teesside autodrome on Sunday August 15th and have some spare spaces.

This is on the full 2.1km circuit which will give you the chance to experience the circuit layout that would be used for track days.

Price is £50 per person which is for a 20 minute practice and qualifying followed by a 40 minute race. Signing on is from 11.30am, 12 noon race start.

Twin engined pro karts, all equipment (suit, helmet and overalls) supplied, but you can bring your own.

I will be raffling the entry fee for one lucky racer to be returned. Maximum 30 karts and I currently have 15.

PM me to book.

could be intrested in this martin...just a little Q . how hard is qualifying ? as iv never done any thig as extream as this ..only done the little go karts at theam park's and so on..

so would it be a waste of £50 ?

kind regards paul
    ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

not sure but i would have thought qualifying is just to determine grid position therefore you still get to race.

would be a waste of £50 otherwise
      Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post
        not sure but i would have thought qualifying is just to determine grid position therefore you still get to race.

would be a waste of £50 otherwise
        thats why i was asking dave.. was thinking mabe qualifying is to sort out if you can handle the kart/track..if not get a qualifying time..you might be seen as unsafe towards other's...not saying im up for the task just never driven 1 so like to get the feel for it..but if it is how you say.. then bring it on...

Comment

I have at least 2 other complete novices in the race, there is a good spread of ability. Unless you are causing a very obvious hazard by being extremely slow or over aggressive there won't be an issue.

Qualifying is just to sort a grid out and frankly it can all be lost at the first corner if you get nudged so this is often of no consequence.

As I am quite heavy/ old/ unfit I tend to run around 2-3 seconds per lap slower than the top lads and generally come in towards the rear of the midfield, I'm a Sauber BMW if you like.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

I have at least 2 other complete novices in the race, there is a good spread of ability. Unless you are causing a very obvious hazard by being extremely slow or over aggressive there won't be an issue.

Qualifying is just to sort a grid out and frankly it can all be lost at the first corner if you get nudged so this is often of no consequence.

As I am quite heavy/ old/ unfit I tend to run around 2-3 seconds per lap slower than the top lads and generally come in towards the rear of the midfield, I'm a Sauber BMW if you like.

have you any detail's martin ..as how to book this? as i would be up for this

Comment

i went go karting on wednesday with the lads, came first an also got quickest lap time.... well pleased as i havent been for years.

really good fun.. if i was closer i would have put my namw down.
              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
                i went go karting on wednesday with the lads, came first an also got quickest lap time.... well pleased as i havent been for years.

really good fun.. if i was closer i would have put my namw down.

yeah im looking forward to it just hope it a nice dry day.

Comment

I'll stick your name on the list, still have spaces.

Comment

is this what it is like ? as in the kart's and speed and so on? it dont look to bad..i was expecting 2 stroke engines they sound like 4 stroke ?

but still look's very good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dTcIxEvMbg

Comment

yeah thats them... petrol engines.

Comment

yeah thats them... petrol engines.
                        i bloody hope so will be there all day doing 40 laps in a diesel

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                          i bloody hope so will be there all day doing 40 laps in a diesel

haha... drop some race fuel in the tank... that would be intresting...

Comment

Twin Honda GX160 four strokes, they'll do around 65mph flat out.

Comment

haha... drop some race fuel in the tank... that would be intresting...
                              Twin Honda GX160 four strokes, they'll do around 65mph flat out.

what sandy say's martin...can you not get any thing like that? like redex that we can put in these 4 strokes? im sure there's a carb 1 like redex

Comment

Working...
                              X