This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New year, new attitude?

Hey guys. Not been on here in awhile, it's lost so many active members it's hard to keep interested. With it being the new year and all, I'm sure many of us putting plans for the year ahead with the car into perspective. Let's give this community a hard shove and let's get active again, discussing mods, planning meets, general banter. It was great to meet some like minded people last year who share the same interests with me. Let's make this year count. So, I wanna organise a monthly meet system. I propose going forwards we make a monthly meet, say the last Sunday of every month. We can change its location monthly so suit others who have to drive a little further. That way, people don't have to come on here looking for something that doesn't exist, they'll know that there's something going on every four weeks. And it won't matter if you miss one, cause the next one isn't too far away.

Am I being far too emotional for you guys haha?
    Tell me what you'd think, this is a community after all.

Jamie.

EDIT: Updating for ease.
    Time: 12:00pm (midday)

Attending;
    Jamjar91
    Johnnyb
    Scottw101
    Andy- (maybe)
    ChrisKing (plus 3/4 more)
    Craigritchie
    JustKev
    Jackvxr1
    Craigzehn
    Limevxr (cancelled - work commitments)
    Alex1991x

Theres also a good few coming from the North East VXR facebook page, I've not organised anything on there, so I can't say who's all coming, but it sounded like there was a good few interested.
    Last edited by Jamjar91; 30 January 2016, 04:28 PM.

It ill know work thats what i think but i can be proved wrong your always emotional tho
    Bye bye corsa burg hello astra j

Comment

Cheers Johnny haha. I was just looking to see what anyone else local thought. Just a bit fed up having no one near by with anything in common.

Comment

Well im near by and totally up for once a month somewhere and see what happens buddy u start it off lol as i gave up

Comment

Giving it a couple days to see if anyone else is interested - then we can start organising something

Comment

Lol can see it being us to then as no ones in the east anymore

Comment

Bah, hopefully people will get their fingers out, leading into better weather. Explain what happened with the car then haha? Congrats on the upgrade How you liking it so far? Was gonna as you about something on your old arctic as well.

Comment

Well nothing to say really the money was right for my corsa ie never lost anything on it and the arden blue astra came up at the right price so went for it buddy and loving it what toy it is

Comment

I'd be up for the odd local meet,and always happy to help fellow petrol heads with advice,work on the car ect, come the better weather my ocd cleaning regime can begin lol.used to be into the car meet scene years ago.always liked meeting fellow folks with common Interests and admiring other motors.im near craigentinny area.

Comment

Hey Scott, yeah I can't wait for the sun to shine to give the car a good clay, desperately needs it haha. It's good to find more people locally, if I can get something organised for us, I'll give you a shout again, gonna give it a couple of days to see if anyone else is interested.

Johnny, regardless, congrats. Lets see some pics please.
                    Was gonna ash, do you remember your exhaust set up? I've never heard another corsa anywhere near it haha, I'm planning to order my remus on January's payday, getting the 3-piece. Just wondering when it comes to fitting, what cat setup did you have? I remember someone saying that the corsa has two cats, one near the manifold, and one in the midpipe? Dunno if he was pooling wool over my eyes though haha. Did you have one delete, and one replaced with a sports cat?

Comment

Jamie u clay bar lol id love to see that just remember crail think it was johnny valets up that day u can see it for real at the 1st meet as its going away to get things done again as of my corsa it was remapped to tho so but it sounded wicked yes theres 2 cats one on the downpipe witch is the one u dont need and ur main cat i had both mine out so it was stright thro with to small backboxes mine was a custom cat bck to start with then i bought the cobra twin decat pipes hope that helps u buddy

Comment

Aye, I spend whatever free time I can cleaning the car when the weather permits, shame the roads up to your are mockit haha. So did you ever run the system with the first cat out and the second cat as default? I'm trying to figure out how that would sound, or if it would pass an MOT :/ I'll buy a sports cat if need be, just the exhaust is expensive enough haha. Going twin exit too, so I need to get the diffuser sprayed, I got a new unprimed one from Vauxhall with my voucher

Comment

Paint it urself buddy its not hard plus i was only 300 that was my full system buddy no i never ran it like that it i just went full out on it yeah ull need the main cat bck in for mot unless ur friendly with the tester

Comment

Cheers for info on the exhaust ser, might also look into doing the black bits my self too, was holding out until I needed the diffuser done.

Comment

DO IT YOURSELF easy

Comment

Working...
                              X