This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dent Removal

Hi guys just been out to do abit of work on the car only to find i have a nice big crease/dent on my passanger door it looks like the wind must of caught the door and its hit something i'm clueless of where its came from

only good thing is its not marked or cracked the paint, so can anyone recommend any one that does paintless dent removal in the midlands?

Thanks Adam

sigpic
    3 gauge conversions, Pillar pods

i had one just like that and it came out easily tapping a rubber mallet from behind....difficult to go wrong as that area is double skinned at edge of door...i have a feeling thats what dent removal may do

Comment

Originally posted by joeh View Post
      i had one just like that and it came out easily tapping a rubber mallet from behind....difficult to go wrong as that area is double skinned at edge of door...i have a feeling thats what dent removal may do
      I could give it a go i just dont want to f it up lol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joeh View Post
        +1 adam do it yourself just dont go to mad with the malet any dent repair will do the same so save yourself a few quid and have a go mate
        sigpic

Comment

Be careful if you do thou ad as the metal will of stretched slightly it could dent as its pushed back into position

Comment

Think i might give it a little tap lol. i hope it just comes out ready for sat
            sigpic

Comment

i have a 10lb hammer if you want to borrow it lol

seriously though how did that happen?
              Tech2 Diagnostics
              Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

if it goes pete tong then get someone in to sort it lets put it like this you aint guna make it any worse are you
                sigpic

Comment

wait till you all see mine mate opened it onto a wall and its chipped aswell

Comment

Originally posted by 7om View Post
                    wait till you all see mine mate opened it onto a wall and its chipped aswell
                    what are we like mate lol just tryed to get it out not happening. gonna see if i can get someone to get it out now don't like things like this as i try so hard to look after the car but been specking to my dad and he thinks they want be able to do it due to the double skin
                    sigpic

Comment

the problem you have is yes you can square the frame up but you will still be able to see the crease line....
                      ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

Originally posted by jigger View Post
                        the problem you have is yes you can square the frame up but you will still be able to see the crease line....
                        do you think it will end up a fill and spray job mate?
                        fing ****** off now lol
                        sigpic

Comment

once the edge is knocked back the crease could be body filed so no need for filler or a small skim at most then painted im afraid...but just knocking out the frame as said will look better...
                          ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

i had one like this also only cost 30quid to get out!

Comment

thanks for the advice mate thats what i have done knocked square again like you say it looks alot better but you can still see the crease was hoping they could rub it out but thinkin they wont be able to now. i dont really want any paint work done on my car but its something i can't just live with lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X