This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brands Hatch Indy 27 July 2010

Had a really awesome day at Brands Hatch today. Stopped overnight at Thistle Brands (lovely hotel btw). Got chatting to a guy Jim and his son James - thanks for the driving tips! Lovely circuit to drive but a difficult circuit to master and easy to make mistakes. I am making good progress on my track days. I passed the practical element of the ARDS National B racing licence and had it signed off at Snetterton last Wed so I must be doing something right! Anyway before my head gets any bigger here are the photos of the day.

Good work mate looks as if the car's being pushed now ! You got a new lid then?
    I see dumb people.......
    .....they're everywhere
    .....they walk around like everyone else
    .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
      Good work mate looks as if the car's being pushed now ! You got a new lid then?
      Cheers. Difficult track and the double apex at Clearways can really catch you out.

You got a new lid then?
      Yeah, my head looked too big in the other one

Comment

Originally posted by napster View Post
        Cheers. Difficult track and the double apex at Clearways can really catch you out.

Yeah, my head looked too big in the other one

Your on the same thinking as me, it’s the helmet equivalent of a paper bag !

Know what you mean about clearways went there last month on the GP circuit and didn't quite get it right
        I see dumb people.......
        .....they're everywhere
        .....they walk around like everyone else
        .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Your on the same thinking as me, it’s the helmet equivalent of a paper bag !

Know what you mean about clearways went there last month on the GP circuit and didn't quite get it right
          I know exactly what you mean Cliff!

Comment

Very nice to meet you mate, very good track driving from your self, maybe see you at other venues soon

Comment

Excellent Top ob glad your enjoying it

Comment

nice to meet you also neil your car looked great round the track mate and alot of cars there which i think supprised people lol, any way great driving neil maybe next time il take ours out

Comment

Originally posted by Paulburks View Post
                  Very nice to meet you mate, very good track driving from your self, maybe see you at other venues soon
                  And you too Paul - I'm ticking through my whose who hall of fame so that's the SE RO box ticked

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
                  Excellent Top ob glad your enjoying it
                  Thanks Dougie - yes glad to be out there again having fun

Originally posted by nurburgring24 View Post
                  nice to meet you also neil your car looked great round the track mate and alot of cars there which i think supprised people lol, any way great driving neil maybe next time il take ours out
                  Cheers for that. Good to meet the SE massive - get your car out there it's great fun!

Comment

Good to see you taking the car round the country to try different circuit's, Brands Hatch are one there are very difficult to get right in a front wheel drive car, as you found out
                    sigpic

Click Follow Me on Facebook

Comment

How did you feel when you came round paddock hill bend then down the dip for the first time? made me feel a bit queezy, motion sickness it think.
                      Last edited by muncy; 28 July 2010, 07:17 PM.
                      (Sneaky Russian)
                      Clique #6
                      VXR Racing 077 4 Wheels, 3 doors and a bonnet (Essex Register)

Comment

Originally posted by nielsen View Post
                        Good to see you taking the car round the country to try different circuit's, Brands Hatch are one there are very difficult to get right in a front wheel drive car, as you found out
                        Thanks Bo - I love the challenge that Brands presents and it's reassuring to hear you say those words. Yes I have found out very much how difficult it was but I wasn't going to be beaten. Need to push on in the braking areas at Paddock Hill and Clearways a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by muncy View Post
                          How did you feel when you came round paddock hill bend then down the dip for the first time? made me feel a bit queezy, motion sickness it think.
                          followed by

Paddock Hill is wonderful when you get it right - which I perhaps only did a handful of times over an entire day. My biggest problem was turning in too early and going wide. Got the speed right (could improve and make more time under brakes) but then lifting slightly. This tends to make you slower next time rather than concentrate on turning in right.

Comment

Working...
                          X