This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadwell Park 3 August 2010

Well, with all the talk about Cadwell Park Time Attack at the weekend here's another Cadwell Park thread. A really exciting circuit but technical in a lot of places. I had tuition today like never before - lots of pre-apex stuff inc lifting after turn in (if needed) to get in tight to the apex and trail braking from turn in to the apex - not for the faint hearted! I have to say though that I felt a lot more of the car driving like this and felt more in control. The car would tell me when it wasn't happy by understeering and so I was able to respond by what I did with the throttle and brake peddle. It is incredible how unconvinced you are until you are in a corner and just about to understeer wide - then you lift off slightly, hit the apex sweet and power out of the corner - it feels so exhilarating. And the trail braking really helps you get that apex. Braking is not the enemy of speed is the lesson I've learnt today. (Apologies to the track day regulars where this might sound preaching to the converted). Anyway, roll on my next track day where I'm sure I'll have instruction that totally is the opposite lol.

I stayed around for the evening session to watch some of the MSVR Racing Championship competitors out on circuit - one awesome Golf out there!

Thanks as ever to Thorney Motorsport for giving me a car that is 100% reliable. It is everything I need it to be for the road but handles brilliantly out on track.

Nice pics!
    I see dumb people.......
    .....they're everywhere
    .....they walk around like everyone else
    .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

your getting some hours in mate lol

sigpic

Comment

looking good napster and one of my favourite tracks

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
          Nice pics!
          Thanks mate

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
          your getting some hours in mate lol
          I need it

Originally posted by Mandy VXR View Post
          looking good napster and one of my favourite tracks
          Thanks Mandy. Would be good if we were all there again like before. Was Billy-no-VXR-mates today

Comment

Originally posted by napster View Post
            Thanks mate

I need it

Thanks Mandy. Would be good if we were all there again like before. Was Billy-no-VXR-mates today
            it would be fun and thats no good . You got any more track days planned?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy VXR View Post
              it would be fun and thats no good . You got any more track days planned?
              One or two

Comment

Working...
              X