• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oulton track vid 04/08/10

Some laps at oulton park with new turbo set up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlProx96UHw
    sigpic

damn good driving si only watched 3 mins or so at the mo,does anything even overtake you

Comment

What a difference....makes the other vids look like slow motion...did the car behave well, whats like to drive now?

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

you must piss a lot of other drivers off when you drive past them at great ease

looks like you have a near perfect setup there with the perfomance and handling to match...

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

great video , still nice and smooth ..just enjoy it now
          WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

vxr's kick a.s.s,
            very nice driving mate.
            sigpic

Comment

very nice simon, looks to be going really well. noticed your water temp stay nice and constant, what setup are you using radiator wise?

Comment

Looks like it goes well! much better

Comment

Originally posted by vxrben View Post
                  Looks like it goes well! much better
                  Luckily Ben, I managed to get some time out, so i could pop down to have a passenger ride both in the morning (wet) and late afternoon ( dry )

The car pulls really strong with no pickup issues at all, its like its supercharged now (very similar feeling ). We went passed everything and I mean everything.

Afterwards, in particular the Evo (10 etc) and a Porche Turbo driver came over to express their disbelief in been absolutely nailed by an Astra

The face on the Porche (turbo) driver when we flew pass him was really funny. I believe a similar thing happened with the Audi R8 when not in passeneger ride mode Yes, it could be attributed to drivers, but the Porche was really trying , refer to vid at around 11mins......

I hope no-one brings up on the turbo thread about how good Porche's are cos they cant even out perform a modified Astra
                  sigpic

Comment

Not there next Monday or Tuesday are you? I'm off work for a couple of days and need to see this car running in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by carmad View Post
                      Some laps at oulton park with new turbo set up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlProx96UHw
                      From 11:48 you had an absolutely clear lap - a chance to get the hammer down and test the new kit! Good to see your gear selection on screen which helps in learning the track. Would be really good if we could get a shot showing you at the wheel like in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k8CgfJknMs&feature=player_embedded I'm there later this year so would be good to know any techniques you think I could try and would be good to see when you turn in, etc. And it's quite a late apex for Lodge is that right? Do you use any lift off o/s or trail brake into any of the corners and if so which ones? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X