This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vxr trackday @ croft

Just a post to say a big thanks to everyone involved with the VXR TRACKDAY @ CROFT YESTERDAY.

What a fantastic day, absolutely brilliant.

Would also like to thank personally Tom Ferrier for instructing me all day, great guy and fantastic driver.

Also thanks to Paul O'Neill, Danny Buxton and Gavin Pyper who made us very welcome on the Racing School. Great bunch of guys.

However I was a bit disapointed to find some doing the Racing School WERE NOT VXR OR V8 OWNERS! Which I thought was a condition of the booking for the Racing School?

I own a Corsa VXR and did the Racing School, my brother came with me wanted to do the racing School also, however he is not an owner and therefore booked the normal trackday, so to find out he could have done it after all was annoying to say the least!!!

Why wasnt ownership checked? Surely it should have been if it was a condition of booking the racing school.

Surely it was aimed at owners of VXR/V8 not non owners wanting a very cheap trackday who have no intention of owning a VXR/V8?

HOWEVER, we both had a great day and thanks again to everyone who made it happen.

Hopefully the events will run again and maybe this could be rectified for next time.

Thanks again for a great day.

i had Tom Ferrier at my knockhill performance school,he is a good lad.
    the power events are also to get other brand owners in vxr's mate,vx hope to convert them.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
      i had Tom Ferrier at my knockhill performance school,he is a good lad.
      the power events are also to get other brand owners in vxr's mate,vx hope to convert them.
      the actor Rickie Whittle (from Hollyoaks) is a convert

he was at our pm session taking his MSA license,

apparently he owns a Lambo gallardo, Dodge Ram (he turned up in this) and a yank prowler!

said he never knew the Corsa could go that fast

left wearing a rather nice VXR cap
      Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post
        the actor Rickie Whittle (from Hollyoaks) is a convert
        left wearing a rather nice VXR cap
        he may have lots of girls,money,but he did not get dougie to buy him a mars bar. i did.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
          he may have lots of girls,money,but he did not get dougie to buy him a mars bar. i did.

Ah but Dougie wasn't there

Comment

[QUOTE=razzer21;1389178]

I own a Corsa VXR and did the Racing School, my brother came with me wanted to do the racing School also, however he is not an owner and therefore booked the normal trackday, so to find out he could have done it after all was annoying to say the least!!!

Why wasnt ownership checked? Surely it should have been if it was a condition of booking the racing school.

Surely it was aimed at owners of VXR/V8 not non owners wanting a very cheap trackday who have no intention of owning a VXR/V8?

QUOTE]

It was a condition to be a Performance Vauxhall owner for the Performance School part. but when we have spaces left a couple of weeks before we opened it up to non owners.
            All I can suggest maybe next time ring the helpline and ask for him to be put on the waiting list incase there is space

Glad you had a good time anyway

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up, I guess it was my fault for not keeping my eyes on the ball and not noticing it had opened up to non owners.

Yeah we had a great time and hopefully will get to do it again next year!

Thanks Again

Comment

Attended Croft for the day, normal trackday in morning then Performance School in the PM with Paul O'Neill. Top bloke, cracking driver and good fun. Good day alround - cheers.
                Astra VXR - Flame Red

Comment

slightly disappointed by the Track Day if i'm honest - and i'll explain why.

First session i wasn't near the door when the briefing ended, so i had to get my sighting lap second time round. This put me at the back of the queue for every car. As a result in the first 90 minute session i got 2 gos - so 6 laps.

Did better at the afternoon session, as i made sure i was at the door when the talk ended and first in the queue this time. Did my astra telemtry lap (3 laps) and managed another go in the insignia (3laps) and then another go in the corsa (3 laps)

Total laps 15.

First, let me say it was still an awesome day, great value for money, nothing else comes close on the market, but there was no more (in fact slightly less i think) track time than last year. And from what i gather you guys were trying to give us more track time this year. So just giving feedback

I'd definately swap doing autotests, brake tests etc.. for what turned out to be about 25 minutes of driving and 3 1/2 hours of standing around.

If the session wasnt stopped twice due to the noise - we could probably have had the same ammount of track time as last time. And just for feedback the reason most of us werent paying attention to the noise limits was the instructors telling us to ignore them. Out of the 5 instructors i went out with , 4 of them told me to ignore them !
                  Last edited by MrLOL; 3 August 2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

I'd kind of agree with the above if I'm honest.

Still fantastic value for money, and I'm sure I was out on track for exactly the same amount of time as last year, but certainly had a lot more time standing around, particularly during the breaks when it wasn't explained why we'd stopped.

At Rockingham last year there were always cars waiting for drivers - out of one car and straight into another - very snappy changeovers. Perhaps there were a few too many people booked in last week for this recent session, or maybe it needs a two-stage day to restrict the numbers on track at any one time - I don't know.

I hope this is taken as constructive feedback rather than sounding like I'm having a moan! Maybe the number of people booked it just represents the demand for the days!

Comment

Agree with the comments made on waiting time etc and its why I was loitering with intent in the pit lane to see the q's. So we have a plan for next year

Stu

Comment

Woohoo,roll on next year!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the vxr mothership View Post
                          Agree with the comments made on waiting time etc and its why I was loitering with intent in the pit lane to see the q's. So we have a plan for next year

Stu
                          one thing Stu, perhaps the waiting would be reduced if the instructors didn't have to write your details down everytime you got in a car ?
                          a lot of the time the cars were stationary in the pitlane whilst this was happening.
                          any reason they have to do this ?

must add that the only time i was who told me to ignore the noise thing was the telemetery lap .
                          Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

I agree with the waiting around, but it still was a good day.
                            Interested in doing the performance school next year.
                            Could anyone who took part in the performance school tell me what it was like please?
                            Thanks

Comment

just to add that if Croft is not on the calender for next year my bottom lip is most definatley going to be on the floor and my dummy will well and truly be spat out

i love that track
                              Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Working...
                              X