This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's been to the 'Ring'?

I've run on two tracks here in the states. But the ultimate goal for me and my pals, is to put the car on a big boat, sail to Europe, take the scenic route to Germany, and run on the 'Ring' all day. Problem is that it would cost us thousands, if not TENS of thousands, to get over there and do it. You guys got it good, being in the same neighborhood and all. So-has anybody run it?

Would love to do it someday, maybe when I'm finished getting my car to where I wanna take it performance wise :wink:

Comment

Just got back from the Ring last week. I never took the Vectra though as I went as a passenger in my mates TVR & a few other mates in their cars.

You can hire a caged up track car for the day from a company called Racecar-hire.com (I think thats what they are called). I spoke to couple of guys from the states who were over for a short trip & they had booked a car from the race car company for the following day & they told me that they it was costing about 500 euros for the day & that included insurance, fuel & track fee's. They had booked a top of the range new 3 series BMW, but there are loads of other cars at MUCH cheaper prices than what they paid. I spoke to them at the end of the day when they had the car out on trak & they could NOT stop smiling.

All I can say is.......................Get on the phone & get a car booked & just do it!!!! You will NOT regret it... \/

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
        Just got back from the Ring last week. I never took the Vectra though as I went as a passenger in my mates TVR & a few other mates in their cars.

You can hire a caged up track car for the day from a company called Racecar-hire.com (I think thats what they are called). I spoke to couple of guys from the states who were over for a short trip & they had booked a car from the race car company for the following day & they told me that they it was costing about 500 euros for the day & that included insurance, fuel & track fee's. They had booked a top of the range new 3 series BMW, but there are loads of other cars at MUCH cheaper prices than what they paid. I spoke to them at the end of the day when they had the car out on trak & they could NOT stop smiling.

All I can say is.......................Get on the phone & get a car booked & just do it!!!! You will NOT regret it... \/
        Some people want to climb Mt. Everest. Some want to sky-dive. Some want to see the Grand Canyon. I just wanna drive the 'Ring

Comment

hopeing dave at dap is going to try set something up in the future as he has been a few times would realy love to take my car out there.

SEAT CUPRA K1 BTCC LIMITED EDITION 320BHP /
          REVO REMAP / FULL MILLTECK ZORST/ CARBON MIRRORS /

Comment

Me at the ring in '05

Comment

Originally posted by Mystvxr
              Me at the ring in '05

Heaven on Earth, right there. Very jealous of you, right now.

Comment

looking at taking the astra & corsa over this year

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                  looking at taking the astra & corsa over this year
                  How many hours to get there by car?

Comment

a few

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                      a few
                      10-12?? My geography sucks-how many miles?

Comment

We drove from the ring back to my place the other side of London in one evening stopping just for fuel, took 8 hours including the tunnel!

Comment

We went last year. Here's a picture of me and my wife on the 4th lap... (she isnt smiling, cos I just ran wide on the last lap and clipped an alloy )

This was my old car... not my current VXR..

... but anyway.. she LOVED it... just a shame the photographer got her without her usual smile

I'm hoping to get the VXR on the Nurburgring again this year, so it can 'earn' its Nurburgring badge !!

... and this was the 2nd Lap (and my fastest) with a friend of mine....

We were heading into one corner at 125 mph... with him shouting 'BRAKE !!!!'

Attached Files
                          Last edited by spoons; 19 February 2008, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Glad to see this thread is still alive and kicking. Cool pics there, Spoons. We need to make it a law that whenever somebody goes, they HAVE to take pics and post 'em. Wait!! Even better!! A new section with nothing but 'Ring pics! Yeah.

Comment

Glad to see this thread is still alive and kicking. Cool pics there, Spoons. We need to make it a law that whenever somebody goes, they HAVE to take pics and post 'em. Wait!! Even better!! A new section with nothing but 'Ring pics! Yeah. I'd be over there at least once a month, if I lived as close as you guys did. Do the nazi's, err, umm....I mean Germans like British people?
                              Last edited by sparticus; 20 February 2008, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X