This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Nascar followers?

Anyone else on here follow NASCAR other than myself and Boss?

Watched Talledega last night another cracking race

me,better than touring cars,that really is boring,
    who's ya man?
    mine jimmie johnson

Comment

Originally posted by stu77 View Post
      me,better than touring cars,that really is boring,
      who's ya man?
      mine jimmie johnson
      hendrick fan me so JJ, jeff gordon and Jnr now.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
        Anyone else on here follow NASCAR other than myself and Boss?
        Definitely. Have watched all the races now they are broadcast on Channel 5 US.

I was fortunate to have the opportunity to drive one of the cars recently at the same place as Tiff Needell did in his fifth gear feature. It was absolutetly awesome. Got up to 123mph on my last lap round the 1 mile oval. :bgrin2:

Comment

Used to be, hardcore. 'Course, I had money riding on the seasons back then in a fantasy league. Did it for years and actually came out ahead, but then the guy running it died, so I lost interest.
          Have been to Bristol, Lowes (Virginia), Talledega, Atlanta, and Chicago races. I'll admit that to go to an actual race is waaaaay different than watching it on t.v.
          Like most pro sports these days, I'm afraid NASCAR is doomed. Gotten to be way too much about money, and that shall one day be it's downfall. Besides, they all run pretty much the same exact cars now-a-days, and the brand rivalrys were half the fun.

Comment

Have to admit, I do like the Nascars. I got right into them after being in Virginia for 8 months. Will be booking a holiday for myself and the wife to the states to go and watch a big race. I have taken much more of an interest since the Aussie boys have been going over.

Comment

Watch it on the odd occassion that I happen to catch it on Channel 5. Rules still seem a little unusual as I ain't read up on them but interesting enough when it's on. The noise is fabby

Comment

We were at the Coke Zero 400 Nascar race at Daytona a couple of weeks ago. I'd never seen anything like it !
                CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
                sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
                MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
                  Watch it on the odd occassion that I happen to catch it on Channel 5. Rules still seem a little unusual as I ain't read up on them but interesting enough when it's on. The noise is fabby
                  Imagine being there Alex.... 43 cars with exhausts louder than mine trundling past at 190MPH...and you can usually get within 10 foot of the track.... it's a truely awesome experience

Comment

nascar is awesome to watch.still prefer to watch AUSSIE V8'S though.

Comment

really wanna get over and watch them in flesh

Comment

my b/f is well into the nascar. what did you think of the race at the weekend at Indianapolis?

Comment

was rubbish cos the tyre wear situation

Comment

The race at Indy this weekend is causing quite a ****-storm around here! Fans and drivers alike are calling for half-price tickets for next years race. Total B.S. This type of garbage is what the future holds for NASCAR, I'm afraid. That reminds me-didn't F1 have a big tire mess at one of the races last year that caused a big hula-baloo?

Comment

We paid $150 for three tickets for Daytona which due to the exchange rate was pretty good.
                              CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
                              sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
                              MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

Working...
                              X