This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk to me about track days

So basically in spring/summer next year im thinking of buying a cheapish bike around 1000 and taking it on some track days at my local circuit (darley moor)

could anyone point me in the right direction at what i should be looking to buy i.e spares/costs/equipment??

Thanks in advance
    Well, let me just quote the late-great colonel sanders, who said... "i'm to drunk to taste this chicken! -Ricky Bobby

small hatchback ie 172/106/etc

small wheels, for cheap tyres
    decent seats and harnesses and half cage.

done.
    sigpic
    Astra GSI 303bhp 340lbft

Comment

Originally posted by holtt View Post

done.
      On a bike lol?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by holtt View Post

done.
        I see where your coming from, some good advice to be fair, bikes can be dangerous and not to be taken lightly

sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
          bikes can be dangerous and not to be taken lightly
          Tbh so can cars, bikes are only as dangerous as the people that ride them, however i know you get the occasionally idiots who ride dangerously hence why i want to do it on track (safely) ive had my fair share of bikes to be honest anyway
          i fully rebuilt a aprilia rs250 when i was 15 and passed my test on my 18th birthday also had a few gixxer 600s and a zx9r just wanna go down the track route now
          Well, let me just quote the late-great colonel sanders, who said... "i'm to drunk to taste this chicken! -Ricky Bobby

Comment

Sorry i didn't read bike haha silly me, im out. no bike knowledge
            sigpic
            Astra GSI 303bhp 340lbft

Comment

I had bikes yrs ago, wished I had another one, owned a zzr1100 then moved onto a busa, evil evil bike but god I loved it.
              sigpic

Comment

I had bikes yrs ago, wished I had another one, owned a zzr1100 then moved onto a busa, evil evil bike but god I loved it.
                You sound like you'd get on with my old man tbf he had a zzr1100 back in the day, fastest production bike on the road for 11 years i beileve also had a busa went on that once only went down the a38 2 miles and came back didnt go on it again!! he now has a zx12R and i love that its gorgeous black and gold if i had the money id have one but sadly i dont

Comment

lol your old man has good taste, ,my old man currently has an R1 Turbo !!!! mad thing but he is lucky he lives 4 miles from santa pod lol so it get used correctly.
                  sigpic

Comment

Heres a few handy links with some trackday advice for bikers,

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/adva...dayprepare.htm

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/motorcycle_track_day_guide/
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice one dude ill check it out

Comment

Working...
                      X