This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drivers At VX Racing

VX Racing recently announced the new driver line-up for its 2006 BTCC campaign, with WTCC star Fabrizio Giovanardi and current BTCC hot property Tom Chilton joining the team.
    Giovanardi, although starting his career in single-seaters, has been driving touring cars for the past 14 years. He joins the team after contesting the 2005 World Touring Car Championship with Alfa Romeo. The 38-year-old has claimed many honours in his career including the Italian Super Touring Car Championship and the European Touring Car Championship.
    Giovanardi said, ‘For sure I’m really excited about joining VX Racing. Personally, I think they are the best team in the UK series. James Thompson, my team-mate at Alfa Romeo in the world touring cars, who used to drive for VX Racing, has also told me good things about the team.’
    From the beginning of his touring car career 20-year-old Tom Chilton set new records in BTCC history. On his race debut in 2002, in an ex-works Vauxhall Astra Coupe, Tom became the youngest driver to line up on the grid. And on 10th May 2004, at just 19 years old, Tom also became the youngest ever race winner in the series, and has since gone on to achieve podium success with Honda.
    Chilton said, ‘It’s fantastic joining VX Racing. My first drive in the touring cars was in a Vauxhall, so I’m looking forward to driving the Astra Sport Hatch.’
Working...
X