Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hamilton... Next Big Thing or Just Another Brit?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton... Next Big Thing or Just Another Brit?

So what do you think?

Is he a great investment by Ron Dennis or a Hype monster that will fade away by the end of the season?

Please Vote and Post your thoughts.

(thats if there is more than just me and vxrmark who watches F1)
    Next Big Thing?
    80.00%
    Just Another Brit?
    20.00%

The kid has talent, he's in a decent car and has tonnes of confidence....

He WILL be a champion, I can feel it in me water (as they say)

Comment

Hmmm....well, for me it's too early to tell. I had never heard of him until he appeared this year so don't know much about him. He started from an early age though and I think that is showing.

He has had excellant starts in his first two races and today manage to hold off faster Ferrari's so I was impressed. As Mark Blundle said, Mazza looked like the rookie!

He certainly has one of the better cars this year so should do well. Whether Button would do just as well in a similarily capable car remains to be seen I guess. He has certainly shown he can match Alonso for pace.

I hope he continues and gets his first win this season.

Comment

Lewis Hamilton has moer than paid back Ron Dennis for all his help up through the ranks.

Todays Race:
        What an amazing start I think we have a new Mansell, he has balls of steel. He made Fillipe Massa look like a complete tool and overshadowed Alonso in the middle stint.

Oz GP:
        For a 1st GP he did amazingly. To be so close on pace to alonso as a rookie really shows (a) Alonso is rubbish really or (b) Hamilton is Immensly Talented.

Comment

i think he is the next big thing. he was fatest on free laps before qualifying so i believe. hes done amazingly to get 2 podeum finishes from 2 races. i think that unlike jenson, this kid will deliver the championship

Comment

I have no idea who he is and am proud to be the only one who voted "just another Brit"

Comment

Originally posted by Adski
              I have no idea who he is and am proud to be the only one who voted "just another Brit"

Comment

You got to say the kid has done fantastic in his first two races, yesterdays move past the ferrari's in the first two corners was ace, a move more seasoned pro's would've played safe with cold tyres and all. Then he went on to keep both of them behind him and "tricked" as he said himself Massa into the mistake which made him go off, I noticed this myself which the commentators failed to pick up on, you could see Massa going for the inside line from turn three and Hamilton just moved defensively at the right moment to force Massa onto the dirty side of the track just before the braking zone which caused Massa to lock up and sail through the corner while Hamilton watched him go by off the circuit, thats what I thought he was doing anyway and for a kid of his age in his second GP to be thinking like this whilst two faster, lighter cars are behind you is Schumacher/Machine like. He could be a future Champion but its early days and at the moment and Alonso is the number 1 in the team so he'll always be second out of the two McLarens this season at least.
                I just hope the press dont hype all the promise up to slate him if he makes a couple of mistakes which he'll certainly do this season.

So far so good and making F1 interesting again.

Comment

Originally posted by bazwaterboy

Sowwie

Comment

Sowwie

I`ll let you off mate :wink:

Comment

Hes got real talent that young kid!!
                      :wink:
                      +That doll is scary :?

Comment

Sowwie

I`ll let you off mate :wink:
                        Cheers Baz, I owe you one lol

Comment

How?

That poll total adds up to 99% am i correct.

Comment

Re: How?

Originally posted by vxrcrazy
                            That poll total adds up to 99% am i correct.
                            you are... 1% think hes french :?

Comment

In F1 consistancy is KEY

Now look who is leading the drivers championship....................

Comment

Working...
                              X