This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMS TV Miss.....

...Adrian Churchill`s win in the final race of the day at Snetterton in the Dunlop Sport Maxx Cup.

Last edited by Woodygsi; 27 September 2009, 10:14 PM.
    3.2 Vectra B ,V6 SRi Challenge car rear solid sub frame and adjustable rear trailing arms ,carbon fibre coated fuel tank and quaife 6 speed box

the car was going like a jet so id expect it to take off too!!!!

sigpic

Comment

As someone once said, I really shouldn't comment, but sure there is some irony in there somewhere

Anyhoo, nice result for Adrian - good way to end the season

Comment

He did well.

Made up for the other two races where he didn't finish due to mechanical failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney View Post
          Made up for the other two races where he didn't finish due to mechanical failure.
          As far as I've heard he only retired from Race 1 on Sunday (Round 17), after Cort ran into him I also believe he set the fastest lap in each race, and possibly even the lap record.

Comment

The two races where he set fastest laps? He lost a driveshaft on one and was brake checked on the other causing a collision so only one failure

Did one of you cars not suffer a failure john?

sigpic

Comment

Some very good racing, well done to Adrian for the last win of the season, shame about race 2 with the contact resulting in his withdrawal but as they say in racing ***** happens but impressive fastest laps set.......

Also congrat to Simon Shaw for a well deserved win of the race series.....

Comment

Yeah we did, John Allison was chasing down Simon Shaw for second place and we had a complete suspension failure, bottom part of the KW race shock sheered clean off spearing John into the wall

John had to go to the medical centre and is still pretty rough now.

We are obviously investigating the suspension failure.

Agree on well done to Simon, he drove a good season, staying out of trouble and putting in some good wins towards the end of the season, impressive driving in a well prepared car.

Abbie won class B so thats back to back wins for the Corsa and new driver Alex almost got a podium in his first ever drive in the other Astra VXR.

Thanks to everyone who came over during the day, hope you enjoyed the hospitality.

Comment

Yea well done Simon , well deserved!
                  HeavenlyDetail
                  Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Seen the incident with john, hope he recovers soon!

But from what I seen of the damage the link looked like it must have failed before the suspension otherwise both upper and lower mount would have sheared

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                      Seen the incident with john, hope he recovers soon!

But from what I seen of the damage the link looked like it must have failed before the suspension otherwise both upper and lower mount would have sheared
                      Nope, the carrier bolts are all intact and still attached, the actual bottom part of the strut has sheered. More impressive was the guys from KW walking over and laughing, especially as John was in the medical centre, really not happy about that.

Comment

Yea bolts intact, but the mount to the hub was snapped in the middle! If that failed first the hub would have fallen away tearing the bottom bolt out

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                          Yea bolts intact, but the mount to the hub was snapped in the middle! If that failed first the hub would have fallen away tearing the bottom bolt out

hub looked liked it may have failed to many others when looking at the damage and even stated by one of the race techs after checking it out further and in the process the strut taking the impact of the damage.......the impact into the wall would have also contirbuted to an extent on all that can be seen.....
                          Last edited by Aussie; 29 September 2009, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney View Post
                            More impressive was the guys from KW walking over and laughing, especially as John was in the medical centre, really not happy about that.

I didnt see anyone laughing and I was near by at the time!

Comment

Wow, I'm impressed by people being able to diagnose the cause of the failure by a simple looking under the car, we arne't 100% sure until we strip it but it does look pretty clear that the strut has failed. And three people saw Richard Good from KW pointing and laughing, indeed even a marshal came over to make a complaint that he thought it was out of order.

Comment

Working...
                              X