This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stone chips

similer to daz thread... my bonnet is a mess rather than do a respray was thinking about giving it ago at repaire myself..

what products and where do i get them from?

cheers
    VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Personally i wouldnt, you need to fill holes, clearcoat, rub down, repolish etc etc

Get it resprayed

Lot less hassle

Comment

Yeah but how much is a respray?

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

Bonnet??? probably lookin bout £100 pal

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

Originally posted by DICKO1 View Post
          Bonnet??? probably lookin bout £100 pal
          i paid £200
          Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

U were done, lol, prices vary mate, dependant on where u take it.

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

Is this any good?? stumbled across it the other day as the Black colours show up the most. front bumper and bonnet is a mess too http://drcolorchip.com/how-it-works.php
              BLACK VXR CS stage 3, 3" Scorpion, Forge FMIC, Ksports, Quaife LSD, Revos, 3 Gauge, Dynabeams, Forge recirc & actuator, DAP-Rs, RARB, Team Heko's, Percy Cdti, cool running thermostat, Blue SMD's and white LED number plate bulbs.
              **Progress thread here!**

Comment

How to - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=20127
                Arden Astra VXR
                Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

gr8 find cheers

Comment

Unless you know what yourf doing leave it to a pro to re-spray the car

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      Unless you know what yourf doing leave it to a pro to re-spray the car
                      i`m no pro so i`ve put the respray on hold to have ago myself but if i make a mess of it it`ll be in for a respray anyway , no lose situation for me .

if i do a great job which i`m fully confident (cough ) of doing .

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                        i`m no pro so i`ve put the respray on hold to have ago myself but if i make a mess of it it`ll be in for a respray anyway , no lose situation for me .

if i do a great job which i`m fully confident (cough ) of doing ....then ill do kirkys for him
                        added to ur post

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
                          gr8 find cheers
                          No worries, I did a small scratch on my old coupe like this. Was not 100% but I can always go over it again.
                          Arden Astra VXR

Comment

I would go to a scrapyard and get a practice panel thats scratched up and chips etc in it.

Then get the paint for it and practice, on bonnets it isnt that hard because their face up, on the side panels its a little harder because gravity is always pulling the paint down the side.

If you do it the way in the link, give each chip a small drop of paint via a cocktail stick and let that dry then add a coupe of drops of clearcote, leave that a day to dry then use really fine wet and dry to flat off.

I got my paint from here:
                            http://www.paints4u.com/ProductDetai...productID=6930

I have these wet and dry pads 3500 &4000 grit, their great and very gentle for wet and dry. Ideally you would probably used 2000grit, then work up: http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...ing-discs.html
                            And a backing pad:
                            http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...MasterFPHP0000

If you went up to 4000grit you could possibly use a polish applied by hand to bring back the shine.

HTH
                            Arden Astra VXR

Comment

after another chat with the guy at the body shop i`ve decided to go for the respray bonnet and mirror covers as there doing my front bumper for free .

there words were

" we know how you like your cars to be perfected and we`ve notice a few minor scuff marks and a scratch on your front bumper which we will respray at the same time so won`t cost any extra as we`re doing the bonnet anyway "

pays off knowing the owner aswell .

one example of savings i got was getting them to fit the rarb which cost half hour labour at £47 including VAT , i went into office to pay it when the owner took the invoice of me and threw it in the bin ans told me just to pay the guys £20 towards there xmas fund .

Comment

Working...
                              X