This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full car covers ??

anyone know where you can get the covers that are used to protect the whole car from dust ect when polishing ??

What about them clear bubbles that inflate there not all that expensive.
    ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
      anyone know where you can get the covers that are used to protect the whole car from dust ect when polishing ??
      3m masking film click me

Thats what i think your talking about, like you would use to mask a car up to paint a single panel? You want it for when you correct panels?

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
        3m masking film click me

Thats what i think your talking about, like you would use to mask a car up to paint a single panel? You want it for when you correct panels?
        I would say he is looking at a cover to protect the whole car from dust personally - just a hunch I have

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

Just while machine polishing? I shouldnt worry too much, I have always clayed the whole car, then done a panel at a time.
          Just spritz with QD and wipe with MF, there will be a very minimal amount of dust that will be pulled of prior to pad going on.

I may have the wrong end of the stick tho.
          Arden Astra VXR
          Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Sounds like Daz is a bit messy

Comment

Originally posted by Jenga View Post
              I would say he is looking at a cover to protect the whole car from dust personally - just a hunch I have
              He wants to protect parts of the car from dust when polishing, the beauty of the sheeting i attached it you can cover the whole car then cut out the panel you are going to polish, just like masking a car up to paint a panel...

Thats what they use in the trade and great stuff, you can get it for way cheaper than that on flebay etc but thats pretty much the best stuff to get if thats what he wants.

I was just took a stab at his description i may be wrong.

Comment

thats what i`ll be looking at doing , have seen it done and i think it`ll save alot of time . plus this way any dust will only settle on panels that have been protected . won`t be using it all the time as that depends on which polish people ask me to use as i`ve got an all in one polish thats fantastic but it`s only fault is dust . other ploishes like megs #105 & #205 i won`t have to use it as i found that ok and can even get away with not masking anything up i use correctly

Comment

What polishes are you using? only ones I've found that dust badly are the lower quality ones like G3
                  Arden Astra VXR

Comment

Originally posted by Georgy View Post
                    What polishes are you using? only ones I've found that dust badly are the lower quality ones like G3
                    AG SRP
                    MENZERNA
                    MEGS # 205 / #105

the 3M range is on the to buy list .

i`ve missed one of the list as although i`ve tried it on a panel i`ll be doing the full car with it soon along with pics .

Comment

Nout wrong with farecla mannie!

Messy as hell but great for cut and used in most bodyshops for speed...

I dont mind the product slinging because its just a chance to get the wash on again

Comment

SRP will dust as its designed for hand use so cures quickly.

But menzerna and the megs shouldnt dust too much, it doesnt for me anyway (I use #80 & #83. And 106FA & 85Rd)
                        Keep the pad spritz'd with QD. After each panel I give the pad a few squirts of QD and dab it with MF cloth.

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                        Nout wrong with farecla mannie!
                        Didnt say theres anything wrong with it its just dusty.
                        Arden Astra VXR

Comment

SRP will dust as its designed for hand use so cures quickly.

But menzerna and the megs shouldnt dust too much, it doesnt for me anyway (I use #80 & #83. And 106FA & 85Rd)
                          Keep the pad spritz'd with QD. After each panel I give the pad a few squirts of QD and dab it with MF cloth.

Didnt say theres anything wrong with it its just dusty.
                          Use a spray bottle with water in it and keep the pad damp you wont get dust just a bit of splatter

Comment

Shouldnt get splatter unless pad too wet or over primed with polish.
                            Arden Astra VXR

Comment

Shouldnt get splatter unless pad too wet or over primed with polish.
                              Its cutting compound so it makes a mess runs to hot and doesnt correct anything if theres not enough material on the car to work in.

Comment

Working...
                              X