This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I got this right.....

First time attempt at detailing, just want to make sure im using the correct stuf and in the correct order, if any of the products i have mentioned could be replaced with something in your opinion that is better value feel free to correct me folks, learning all the time

1. Powerwash motor, Shampoo using 2 bucket method - Chemical Guys GLOSSWORKZ Gloss Enhancing Shampoo 16oz, rinse

2. Dry motor

3. Clay bar car with lub -Chemical Guys CLAY BAR (LIGHT) -A HUGE ELASTIC EVERYDAY USE POLY CLAY BAR 200gr & LUBRICANT DETAIL SPRAY

4. Polish - Chemical Guys WET MIRROR FINISH ULTRA SLICK NON-STICK GLOSS MAGNIFIER

5. Wax - Chemical guys, Either Jet Seal or XXX Hardcore Paste Wax

WHEELS

1. Chemical Guys Redberry wheel cleaner, rinse

2. Chemical Guys Wheel Guard

alot of people will start with a snow foam if you have the option of doing that

i wouldnt dry the car after washing as claying you can just use water as lube, after the clay i would wash it again as you may get alot of loose stuff on there which if you polish it can damage again

also aswell mate you will find your best methods of doing things, i have been detailing for about a year and i still dont know what i like to use and what i prefer, i just try different things all the time

Comment

Originally posted by plr06 View Post
      First time attempt at detailing, just want to make sure im using the correct stuf and in the correct order, if any of the products i have mentioned could be replaced with something in your opinion that is better value feel free to correct me folks, learning all the time

1. Powerwash motor, Shampoo using 2 bucket method - Chemical Guys GLOSSWORKZ Gloss Enhancing Shampoo 16oz, rinse

2. Dry motor

3. Clay bar car with lub -Chemical Guys CLAY BAR (LIGHT) -A HUGE ELASTIC EVERYDAY USE POLY CLAY BAR 200gr & LUBRICANT DETAIL SPRAY

4. Polish - Chemical Guys WET MIRROR FINISH ULTRA SLICK NON-STICK GLOSS MAGNIFIER

5. Wax - Chemical guys, Either Jet Seal or XXX Hardcore Paste Wax

WHEELS

2. Chemical Guys Wheel Guard

1.Snow form
      2.wash
      3.clay
      4.wash again
      5.dry
      6.polish
      7.wax

dont dry then clay as u need the car wet

Comment

Also you can do both Jetseal and wax , just make sure its wax over jetseal not the other way round!
        sigpic
        Originally posted by soosie
        Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
        Originally posted by soosie
        Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Edited your original post:

2. Rinse off

4. Was again as above

5. Dry

6. Polish - Chemical Guys WET MIRROR FINISH ULTRA SLICK NON-STICK GLOSS MAGNIFIER

The above is not a polish mate so it will not help to correct any defects that you may have such as hazing / scratchs. If you do want to polish then try Autoglym Super Resin Polish

7. Pre wax clenser, such as Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite or Zymol HD Clenser

8. Wax - XXX Hardcore Paste Wax

WHEELS

2. Chemical Guys Wheel Guard[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Paulburks View Post
            dont dry then clay as u need the car wet
            Not 100% true as some clays need proper lube whilst some clays will also work with water

Water on some clays is not enough to lube a car and will in fact make more of a mess of paint work and can create more swirls and scratchs

As long as you do the general above then you will be fine, i tend to

Bilberry wheels

rinse them

Snow

Rinse

Wash using 2bm

Clay (with optional lube if necessary)

Wash (find snow is not quite enough after a Claying)

Rinse

Dry

Polish

Was/Snow

Dry properly

Wax

and then Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
              Not 100% true as some clays need proper lube whilst some clays will also work with water
              clay with only water . thats heading for dissaster .

think what he meant to say was no point drying the car before claying as it`s gunna get wet anyway followed by another wash then dry .

with the saying claying we all know a lube will be needed and those that don`t know should read up on it 1st or ask

Comment

Some clays also can just be used with water

they are also sold like this and i have sued some of said clays They work just as well as some theat need lube

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
                  Some clays also can just be used with water

they are also sold like this and i have sued some of said clays They work just as well as some theat need lube
                  name them and post details .

i`ve yet to see them and as every pro detailer recomends a lube you finding could be interesting .

Comment

There are loads mate, check any Detailing shop.

Comment

Working...
                    X