This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started paint correction on my sri today

heres a little vid to showing how bad my paintwork is ( was )

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn208/dwmc_2008/?action=view&current=DSCF2138.mp4

and a quick pic

using an SFX2 pad and P1 polish

tomorrow i`ll be using same polish on the SFX 3 pad followed by the SFX 4 pad . it`s a great all in one polish but the only downside is the dust it creates . just needs an extra spritz now and then ( edit-once i got used to the polish theres no dust or splatter anymore )

would of took a few more pics but once i got started i just kept going

details of polish here >> http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars...posite-polish/

Last edited by Daz; 3 February 2011, 09:58 PM.

Looking good Daz
    ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Nice work Daz coming along nicely, off to look at what you used mate
      sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

the P1 polish is great as an all in one as i tried it out on my bonnet on different pads last week before bonnet got resprayed . but i will be honest when i say it creates dust a wee bit more compared to megs . although that could be down to me as i guess after a few uses i`ll get used to it

Comment

heres a liitle vid once i`de finished the full door

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=DSCF2137.mp4

this was just to check for swirls and not aimed at reflection as they`ll come once the car is finished
          Last edited by Daz; 25 July 2010, 11:01 PM.

Comment

That second video really shows the metal flake up in the paintwork, good result's
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
              That second video really shows the metal flake up in the paintwork, good result's
              can`t wait till tomorrow as i`ll be using it on the SFX 3 and SFX 4 pad so should look even better .

have a look at that site and look at the C3 spray . not only is it a QD but can be used on the interior aswell

the C4 trim resrorer looks great aswell , theres loads of vids on that site to look at .

Comment

the site is very informative and the products look good and very reasonable
                sigpic

Comment

Daz mate if you want to keep some of the dust down use a sqwirty bottle with warm water in and keep the pad moist and that will help to keep the dust down a little but may give a little pad slinging, i know all about this using farecla as its right messy.

I tend to put the material on the panel and spread with an applicator instead of on the buff pad as that keeps the pad sliging down as well.

Nice colour that when its polished right up

Comment

finished with the polisher today , had other things to do aswell but did what i could in between other things .

tomorrow will be applying the wax along with doing the glass and trim .

that leaves the weekend for wheels , arches , side skirts , engine bay and interior .

although the DA does get rid of swirls and minor lite scratches it was a slow process , i`ll be adding a rotary polisher to my list of things to buy .

absolutly knackered now so having a much deserved can ( yeah cans ) of stella

Comment

Great work again Daz always look forward to the reviews and write-ups

Any ideas on the durability of the zymol glaseur yet too?

Comment

good work Daz mate,
                        methinks i am going to have to pay you a visit to do mine
                        Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by danielhoworth View Post
                          Great work again Daz always look forward to the reviews and write-ups

Any ideas on the durability of the zymol glaseur yet too?
                          aint got a clue exactly but i wont be detailing the car now until after winter .

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post
                            good work Daz mate,
                            methinks i am going to have to pay you a visit to do mine
                            once i`ve sorted a few minor details out i`ll be ready to do yours along with others .

Comment

Working...
                            X