This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supaguarded protection

Ok well maybe this is a good thing or some people think its a complete waste of time. iv recently bought my car and well im to believe its been supagurded..
    Whats everyones opinion is on this method and is it really a complete waste of time.is it right or wrong to polish it if it is believed to of been protected are you damaging it taking the supaguard film off. must you use supaguard shampoo or will products such as autoglym and meguiars do just a good of a job
    Thoughts please people

Waste of time IMO, I guess its a bonus if you buy a car that has already had the treatment but its not worth paying for it! You can buy the kits on ebay for Circa £10 and do it yourself rather than paying £250-£300 to VXL for them to do it for you.

I would just use some good quality Shampoo and a Lambswool wash mit and some nice Wax/Polish. Will do a far better job.

Comment

i was lucky to have it alredi done but with this on will polishing and waxing it damage the treatment and u think it is recommended

Comment

If it was on it when you bought it then not bad at all, i've never really thought much of it myself just due to the fact I know how much its actually worth and the amount of money you save by purchasing this "paint protection"

You can use any shampoo as far as i'm aware, obviously megs stuff is better then walking in halfords and spending £2.

If you don't wanna spend a fortune buy a nice shampoo, a lambs wool wash mitt and use the two bucket method to wash you car (info in the detailing forum if your unsure)

spend the little extra and grab yourself a polish and wax
        Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
          Waste of time IMO, I guess its a bonus if you buy a car that has already had the treatment but its not worth paying for it! You can buy the kits on ebay for Circa £10 and do it yourself rather than paying £250-£300 to VXL for them to do it for you.

I would just use some good quality Shampoo and a Lambswool wash mit and some nice Wax/Polish. Will do a far better job.
          Beat me
          Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

Comment

im pretty glued up on the washing an waxing and iv always used megs thumbs up haha..
            im just concerned if i start waxing and polished it will take the product off as the fella said no need to polish and wax as its supaguarded

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Jackson View Post
              im pretty glued up on the washing an waxing and iv always used megs thumbs up haha..
              im just concerned if i start waxing and polished it will take the product off as the fella said no need to polish and wax as its supaguarded
              He was selling you the car they'll use the superguard as a selling point, take my word for it mate it isn't that good.

if ordering a car from new and they offered me the option of superguard, i'd reject it and spend that £200/£250 on some decent cleaning products.

i'd say polish and wax mate like you said you are clued up anyway, it isn't going to harm it just gives you more protection mate.
              Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpy View Post
                He was selling you the car they'll use the superguard as a selling point, take my word for it mate it isn't that good.

if ordering a car from new and they offered me the option of superguard, i'd reject it and spend that £200/£250 on some decent cleaning products.

i'd say polish and wax mate like you said you are clued up anyway, it isn't going to harm it just gives you more protection mate.

cheers for ya help dude appreciate it.. megs here i come again lol..
                one thing that does bug me is how many people say the rite and wrong process i normally do the normal wash and dry off and then polish followed by the wax dnt know bout yaselfs?

Comment

Moved to the Detailing section

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                    Moved to the Detailing section
                    cheers buddy

Comment

i was lucky to have it alredi done but with this on will polishing and waxing it damage the treatment and u think it is recommended
                      No it wont affect it what so ever, the only way to remove the supagaurd that we could find in the bodyshop was panel wipe with thinners before painting but not adviced to be done yourself...

Im sure some of the other guys that are pro detailers could advice how they would get rid of it mate if you wanted it off but it makes no odd if you detail on top of it.

Comment

cheers for ya help dude appreciate it.. megs here i come again lol..
                        one thing that does bug me is how many people say the rite and wrong process i normally do the normal wash and dry off and then polish followed by the wax dnt know bout yaselfs?
                        You are more then welcome mate.

In regards to the process to follow Wash > Polish > Glaze > Sealant > Wax

If you need any help mate i'll try help you as best I can
                        Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                          No it wont affect it what so ever, the only way to remove the supagaurd that we could find in the bodyshop was panel wipe with thinners before painting but not adviced to be done yourself...

Im sure some of the other guys that are pro detailers could advice how they would get rid of it mate if you wanted it off but it makes no odd if you detail on top of it.
                          thanks dude, and the way im washing my car can you see any problems or am i doing its pretty mch ok,
                          i wash with the microfibre mit rinse dry and the polish wipe off and then wax with the nxt.

Comment

thanks dude, and the way im washing my car can you see any problems or am i doing its pretty mch ok,
                            i wash with the microfibre mit rinse dry and the polish wipe off and then wax with the nxt.
                            Check my post above mate
                            Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpy View Post
                              You are more then welcome mate.

In regards to the process to follow Wash > Polish > Glaze > Sealant > Wax

If you need any help mate i'll try help you as best I can
                              If its not too much trouble then yeh i cud use abit as i dnt wana damage my car n its new lol and alot of money..
                              so i wash the car dry it off then i want to clay the car?? then??
                              sorri if im a pain dude

Comment

Working...
                              X