This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sealant and wax?

Hi, i was wondering would it make any difference to my paint finish if i waxed and sealed my car?? If so which one would you apply 1st, sealant or wax, or would you just use one or the other?

Im after a deep rich colour making my arden darker and wet if you get me. Which one gives this best? Or like i say would using them both of them give a better result? Cheers.

Sealent and wax is in effect the same thing ?

Comment

I thought they gave different results? I also read that sealants use synthetic ingredients and waxes use natural wax etc? I thought sealants gave a shiny glass look and waxes gave a deeper finish? Im no expert thats why i was asking mate.

Comment

You'd apply sealant then apply the wax after.

I wouldnt consider sealant the same as wax though.

Sealant adds durability and protects the work beneath it. It bonds to the paintwork to provide a slick finish and added protection. Sealants also bring their own dimension to the finish and different sealants will give different effects.
        Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

If your paint is dull underneath a sealent or wax wont do anything

Comment

I no it wont mate, its not dull to start with but im going to give it a good seeing to soon, clay, polish then wax. As i have been told wax will give me the finish that i want.

Comment

Heyup mate are you the lad in the corsa from post office cruise meet ? If you are you're local to me and the arden's look a little darker imo with purple haze on them, got a pot of ph pro you can wax it with see how you like it if you want

Comment

Before doing anything IMO try declaying your paintwork 1st. You can use either a proper clay or the Autoglym Super Resin polish (can be used as a clay, as it cleans all the ingrained dirt you can't see off the paintwork) I 've found when using the SRP that a firm pressure is best (but not too much pressure) Then give it a 2nd application of SRP, let that Harden for about half hour then apply the wax. I then put a thin skimming of AutoGlym's Extra Gloss Protection to give it that HD effect. I don't do this everytime I clean it tho, about once every month.

Hops this helps fella

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
                    Before doing anything IMO try declaying your paintwork 1st. You can use either a proper clay or the Autoglym Super Resin polish (can be used as a clay, as it cleans all the ingrained dirt you can't see off the paintwork) I 've found when using the SRP that a firm pressure is best (but not too much pressure) Then give it a 2nd application of SRP, let that Harden for about half hour then apply the wax. I then put a thin skimming of AutoGlym's Extra Gloss Protection to give it that HD effect. I don't do this everytime I clean it tho, about once every month.

Hops this helps fella
                    Clay pulls the impurities out of the paint mate, and products like srp and lime prime can be used as pre wax cleansers, ensuring the wax bonds to the paint

Comment

I used extra gloss protection mate and i have been informed that this lightens arden paintwork but wax darkens it. I do clay and polish when needed obviously to get best results. I just wanted a darker look as mine looked lighter than the two ardens at the meet. As i say a professional has informed me that sealant lightens paintwork and this is probably why. Thanks tho matey.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhoworth View Post
                        Clay pulls the impurities out of the paint mate, and products like srp and lime prime can be used as pre wax cleansers, ensuring the wax bonds to the paint
                        So am I wasting my time applying the 2nd coat of srp then? Should I just prep the paintwork with srp, then apply the wax straight afterwards?

Comment

If you have swirls your not wasting your time as a 2nd application would bring more out than one.

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
                            If you have swirls your not wasting your time as a 2nd application would bring more out than one.
                            Thats why I don't have many whirls then I suppose more is a good thing then? Some is better than none.

Comment

Probably mate i find they are quite hard to see too on silver paint unless in the right light.

Comment

Working...
                              X