This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wash, Clay & Wax

I have never clayed a car before and am cautious about using it, was looking at my local detailers website and seen a package of wash, clay & wax starting from €75 euro which seems to be good value? Paint correction to remove swirls will be done at a later date.

http://www.detailer.ie/services/quick-details.html

Not to bad

An average Detailer will charge 300-400 for 1-2 days work so 4 hours to do a decent wash clay and dry although id expect a wash after the clay.

The clay could leave marring on the paintwork and it may not look to nice untill you got a decent Machine polish mate

Comment

Cant see the point in claying unless its followed by a polish afterwards and at least a wash. As Ralph has said claying can cause minor marring in itself which is why gneerally people follow this with a polish.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
        Cant see the point in claying unless its followed by a polish afterwards
        Indeed I agree.

If you do clay your car you will need to get some wax on after to protect it anyway.

If you use a really fine clay bar you shouldnt cause any marring so long as you use plenty of lube and keep turning the clay and knead it regularly.
        Arden Astra VXR
        Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
          Not to bad

An average Detailer will charge 300-400 for 1-2 days work so 4 hours to do a decent wash clay and dry although id expect a wash after the clay.

The clay could leave marring on the paintwork and it may not look to nice untill you got a decent Machine polish mate
          If you marr the paint with clay your doing it wrong!

Comment

When using a clay it should be well lubed and you should not push hard! A light rub over should do the trick.

As said should not marr the paint.

I've have clayed all my cars since I can remember and never had any issues.

Comment

Working...
            X