This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions

Right then Tomorow is the day my first full detail.

I think i have all the bits i need but what i want to clarify is the process .

is it

Wash lambs wool mitt and chemical guys maxi suds a tbm
    Dry with drying towel
    Then clay using clay bars and chemical guys pro detailer for lube
    Clay whole car wiping offlube as you go with a microfible
    NOW DO I WASH AND DRY AGAIN ALSO DO I CLAY LIKE I WASH TOP THEN WORK DOWN ?
    apply polish either have autoglym ultra deep shine polish or megs hi def polish which one ?
    then after 1 coat of polish apply 2-3 coats of petes 53 wax
    buff off
    done???

i also have chem guys ez cream do i need to use that in the above process

any help appreciated many thanks

Arron

Yes after claying the car wash and dry it again get some clay lube mate CG Pro detailer is to good to use as a lube IMHO
    ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

I have no where to get any lube from before tomorow aftgernoon. ohh well ilol have to use it

not really sure what cg pro detailer is for anyway lol

the other products seem ok ?

Comment

CG PD is a waterless wash spray and a drying agent and a QD mate you can use it, it's just expensive to use as a lube.

when you have washed the car while it's still wet spray CG Pro detailer on the car and wipe the car dry. It's fantastic it waxes the car while your drying it
        ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

hmm ohh well ill have to use it for now .

do you clay the whole car ??

is polish then wax a good idea ?

Comment

just use your maxi suds mixed with water in a spray bottle its just as good for use as a lube and costs lots less

Also use the EZ creme glaze before applying wax then send me the rest as I wanna try it but I'm skint atm

Comment

Also yeah, polish 1st then wax is used as an lsp last step protection / product , what ever you prefer

Comment

Originally posted by danielhoworth View Post
                just use your maxi suds mixed with water in a spray bottle its just as good for use as a lube and costs lots less

Also use the EZ creme glaze before applying wax then send me the rest as I wanna try it but I'm skint atm
                so can anyone else confirm a wash forumula and water will be okas lube ?

also r u saying polish then ez cream then wax mate

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
                  so can anyone else confirm a wash forumula and water will be okas lube ?

also r u saying polish then ez cream then wax mate

thanks
                  Done it myself mate as have plenty others I was told to do it from members on here.
                  And yeah thats it bud quick tip applying ez creme glaze vertically (up, down movements) on vertical panel gives a better reflection

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
                    Right then Tomorow is the day my first full detail.

I think i have all the bits i need but what i want to clarify is the process .

is it

Wash lambs wool mitt and chemical guys maxi suds a tbm
                    rinse
                    Dry with drying towel
                    no need to dry
                    Then clay using clay bars and chemical guys pro detailer for lube
                    clay using bit of shampoo moxed with water for lube
                    Clay whole car wiping offlube as you go with a microfible
                    no need to wipe off as you go
                    NOW DO I WASH AND DRY AGAIN ALSO DO I CLAY LIKE I WASH TOP THEN WORK DOWN ?
                    once fully clayed wash again as you did the 1st time then dry with the aid of pro detailer spray
                    apply polish either have autoglym ultra deep shine polish or megs hi def polish which one ?
                    polish then glaze then wax
                    then after 1 coat of polish apply 2-3 coats of petes 53 wax
                    buff off
                    apply wax thinly a panal or 2 at a time depending how long you leave to cure then buff .
                    done???
                    once 1st coat of wax is done then re-buff as this will get the best out of the wax , as for 2nd coat repaet the same process

i also have chem guys ez cream do i need to use that in the above process
                    ez cream is your glaze that you`ll use after polishing but before waxing , also after you`ve done glazing buffing i`de say give it an extra buff as this will give you better results

any help appreciated many thanks

make sure you`ve got plenty of cloths for buffing for example change cloth after each panel to prevent risk of swirls

Arron

hope that helps

Comment

As above perfect explanation

Comment

IMO there is no need to wash the car again after claying it. Check out the claying guide on DW, but you need to split up a panel and spray QD onto the panel, use the clay in a fore/aft motion. Ensuring it is free to run over the surface and doesnt stick.
                        After wipe the panel dry with your MF cloth, then there is no need to rewash the car.

Using QD and wiping off will remove anything onto the MF cloth.
                        I have never rewashed the car and never had any problems.

If your not machine polishing and using SRP as a polish you dont want to go applying too much over the top of it as it will pull out the fillers from the swirls.

If applying by hand i would use SRP and a wax over the top.

AG EGP is not a polish its a sealant. A polish will always contain abrasives, some are designed for use by hand and have easily broken down abrasives and others (most) are designed for use by machine polisher.
                        Arden Astra VXR
                        Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Oooo i dont know about not washing after a clay but each to own

Peace of mind more then anything for me

Comment

I always wash after claying to ensure a clean surface for polishing

Comment

What do you see the need of washing after claying is? Clay is designed to remove all surface contaminants off the paint so shouldnt leave anything is being used correctly.

I dont think any pros re wash their customers cars
                              Arden Astra VXR
                              Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Working...
                              X