This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help advise

gona clean the car my self today make a change from the cosovans doing it for a £5er yes i admit thats what i usualy do but gona start take more care now..

so guys where do i start whats the best process to do

i have a jet was
    snow foam
    and some wax

microfibre cloths

lamb wool wash mits

all should be decent as cost quite a bit

i know i sound stupid but where do i start lol
    VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Have you got 2x buckets and grit guards too..?
    ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Dont need Grit guards if you use your common sense and take water from the top of the bucket

Snow

Rinse

Wash 2bm

Rinse

Clay (if you got)

Polish (srp)

Wax

Comment

Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
        Have you got 2x buckets and grit guards too..?
        just one bucket lol

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
        Dont need Grit guards if you use your common sense and take water from the top of the bucket

Snow

Rinse

Wash 2bm

Rinse

Clay (if you got)

Polish (srp)

Wax
        so do snow foam leave few mins the rince off wash with car shampoo rince .. no clay so miss that ... pollish up then wax?

p.s ill post pics up after aswell

Comment

[QUOTE=Ralphvxr;1390647]Dont need Grit guards if you use your common sense and take water from the top of the bucket

each to there own
          ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Yea leave the clay just polish mate

I know Paul but my buckets are like beer barrels and i really dont see the need for grit guards

Comment

And if you've taken it to 'one of them car washes', you may want to spend a while on the polishing applying more pressure as to remove the swirl marks which will undoubtedly have accumulated themselves!
              #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

You managed to clean the car kirky mate? Or slipped it into simbads again??

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
                  And if you've taken it to 'one of them car washes', you may want to spend a while on the polishing applying more pressure as to remove the swirl marks which will undoubtedly have accumulated themselves!
                  Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
                  You managed to clean the car kirky mate? Or slipped it into simbads again??
                  its nt bit washed mved house at weekend and cant find the bloody presure washer,,,

yes a few swirls n their but its only minor.. gona take more care now and u will see my name in the detailing section more for tips and advise,,,

also going to see dan howorth one day about some tips and advise and he offered to give my car a once over

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
                    its nt bit washed mved house at weekend and cant find the bloody presure washer,,,

yes a few swirls n their but its only minor.. gona take more care now and u will see my name in the detailing section more for tips and advise,,,

also going to see dan howorth one day about some tips and advise and he offered to give my car a once over
                    thats what happened to mine, let them do it twice and could see swirls. To cut the story short, i'v now spent a lot on car cleaning products and a lot of time washing the car.

You'll become obsessed soon as well!
                    #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
                      thats what happened to mine, let them do it twice and could see swirls. To cut the story short, i'v now spent a lot on car cleaning products and a lot of time washing the car.

You'll become obsessed soon as well!
                      i do like to take pride in doing it just i have a realt bad right leg and after 1 hour my leg is agony for rest dayt and full detail take good 8 hours ... think ill do it in bits or find a way around it

Comment

Will do pal Busy for the next 3 weekends though so it'l be anytime after then, having a rotary polisher soon too so I'll get a bit of practice in on that before we do yours, or just allow some more time and use the DA

Comment

i do like to take pride in doing it just i have a realt bad right leg and after 1 hour my leg is agony for rest dayt and full detail take good 8 hours ... think ill do it in bits or find a way around it
                          Use a swivel chair and roll round the car

Comment

thinking buying one them what you have as heard their good place to strat

Comment

thinking buying one them what you have as heard their good place to strat
                              Yeah they are it just takes a long time to achieve correction, you might be better off with the one daz has (Das-6 pro). think this ones more powerful so it's faster and cutting than the one I have atm.

Comment

Working...
                              X