This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about sealants

When using a sealant as LSP how can you tell when its running out so to speak? Also do sealants bead like a wax does?
    Never tried a sealant hence the noobie Q's.
    Thanks for any replies

Treat a sealant like wax. When it stops beading water then its a sign a needs a top up and yes a sealant will bead water like a wax. I'd top up a sealant every month or so but a decent sealant like Zaino Z2 will last longer than that

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      Treat a sealant like wax. When it stops beading water then its a sign a needs a top up and yes a sealant will bead water like a wax. I'd top up a sealant every month or so but a decent sealant like Zaino Z2 will last longer than that
      Thanks for the advice just wanted to know a few things before purchasing

Comment

you could always wax over sealant

double protection specially for the winter

just check up on which wax will bond over which sealant .

Comment

Sealants dont bead the same as wax, they will sort of bead but not in the same way.

But as Daz said I usually wax over the top of Jetseal anyway.
          Arden Astra VXR
          Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Whats the best way to apply jetseal then guys?

Comment

Originally posted by danielhoworth View Post
              Whats the best way to apply jetseal then guys?
              Apply a thin layer and leave for 45 minutes to an hour to cure and then buff off. Then repeat the process. This is more to make sure that you havent missed any spots and have even coverage as opposed to having two layers on the car

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                Apply a thin layer and leave for 45 minutes to an hour to cure and then buff off. Then repeat the process. This is more to make sure that you havent missed any spots and have even coverage as opposed to having two layers on the car
                Again mate thanks for the help, same process to seal the wheels too I take it

Comment

Again mate thanks for the help, same process to seal the wheels too I take it
                  Yes mate

Comment

Originally posted by Georgy View Post
                    Sealants dont bead the same as wax, they will sort of bead but not in the same way.

But as Daz said I usually wax over the top of Jetseal anyway.
                    Me too
                    sigpic
                    CDTI Air Box, REMUS Exhaust,Regal Stage 2 intercooler, Dbilas cast manifold with Hybrid Dbilas GT28 turbo, Dbilas air intake scoop,EVO-MS Recirc Valve
                    Regal / EDS inlet manifold and top hat with thermal gasket,630cc injectors with fuel pressure regulator and uprated high flow fuel pump
                    Regal inlet cam with uprated springs and platforms,16 bar mocal oil cooler 360-380bhp

Comment

Originally posted by ms-vxr57 View Post
                      Me too
                      Looks like I'm going to have to try this urs always looks a nicer shade of blue. . . Think your fibbing and you've had it sprayed

Comment

Wish i had mate finding a few swirls on it now

Looks like I'm going to have to try this urs always looks a nicer shade of blue. . . Think your fibbing and you've had it sprayed
                        sigpic
                        CDTI Air Box, REMUS Exhaust,Regal Stage 2 intercooler, Dbilas cast manifold with Hybrid Dbilas GT28 turbo, Dbilas air intake scoop,EVO-MS Recirc Valve
                        Regal / EDS inlet manifold and top hat with thermal gasket,630cc injectors with fuel pressure regulator and uprated high flow fuel pump
                        Regal inlet cam with uprated springs and platforms,16 bar mocal oil cooler 360-380bhp

Comment

I always wax over a sealant, with some sealant the finish is dulled by the wax but a re buff a little while later brings it back up.

Jetseal and PH Pro is a good combo that i used on my graphite TD's...

Comment

Originally posted by ms-vxr57 View Post
                            Wish i had mate finding a few swirls on it now
                            I'll have a go at machining it some time for you if you like mate

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                            I always wax over a sealant, with some sealant the finish is dulled by the wax but a re buff a little while later brings it back up.

Jetseal and PH Pro is a good combo that i used on my graphite TD's...
                            Ph pro I have . . . Half way there

Comment

I'll have a go at machining it some time for you if you like mate

Ph pro I have . . . Half way there
                              I used poorboys Black Hole & Diamond White (think thats what its called) as well as Jet seal. I only use Jet Seal on New things tho...

Comment

Working...
                              X