This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prefered wax and why ?

after trying a few now and doing a lot of reading on sites such as detailing world my favorite wax has to be

zymol glasur .

costs approx £98 and gives a good glossy wet look and durabilty according to the non bias experts is very good wax aswell , sheeting is amazing aswell as beading .

with the rainy months not too far away i thinks it`s well worth the money to see my car through the bad weather unlike some waxes

£98 may seem expensive to some but believe me this will last for ages as very little goes a very long way .

so whats your favorite wax at the moment and why ??

The free ones you win in competitions

Reason? Because its free
    sigpic

Comment

dodo juice supernatural for the summer months and collonite 476s for the winter

why??

cos I already have them and aint buying any more til they are finished
      sigpic
      Originally posted by soosie
      Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
      Originally posted by soosie
      Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

I am still trying lots of waxes so cant really give you my favourite.

Think my summer wax will be Cel Deg though, just for the finish it gives.

Winter coming up so ill let you know

Comment

My would have to be Zymol Vinatge because its a combo of different looks\finish you get from it rich\deep blingly look that is hard to explain. Cheap wax's would deffo be Raceglaze55 and Pinnacle Souveran, because they give off a deep wet look, easy to apply and work with.

also a soft spot for Zymol Concours which is amazing all-rounder wax thats gives great detail and a very rich finish to my paintwork

Last edited by Dan_vxR; 4 August 2010, 09:57 AM.

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

For the winter Collinite 476s

why, because it gives great protection

For the summer, well at the moment im liking Doodo Juice Blue Velvet Pro

why, iits brings out the flake very nicely and seems to darken the paintwork slightly

Comment

Autoglym HD wax all the way for me now, doesn't cost stupid money and gives a great finish.

Comment

Originally posted by S18DMW View Post
                Autoglym HD wax all the way for me now, doesn't cost stupid money and gives a great finish.
                oh yeah it does £30+ for that there is better.

Comment

well i wouuld have to say swiss vax (best of show) for summer ..as it give's a very good deep gloss/wet look

and iv tried loads of wax's

then it would be colly 915 ..for winter ..as it's cheap and last long ..does what it say's on the tin

but dodo super natural is my second fav

then zymol titainium
                  ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

depends on the colour for me, still to try the expensive wax's and hoping to get one soon but for now I like purple haze pro on the arden as it's easy to apply and makes the colour look deeper IMO + beads really well.
                    As for black cars I love SN

Comment

Originally posted by bohemoth View Post
                      oh yeah it does £30+ for that there is better.
                      The lazy factor is always a good one, blitzing the whole car with it is just ace, windows plastic the lot. Just a win.

Comment

50/50 wax for me, tried loads of products and this is the best i have used. Goes on easy and comes off easy and leaves a superb finnish. Wouldnt spend more the £50 on a wax as i dont see the need to.......

going to get some colli for winter.
                        VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                        http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

I've tried a fair few waxes and havnt found one I always like, theres always a negative to them.

Vics Concours - Good spread nice to work with
                          Nattys - Great Beads, but poor duribility
                          Supernatural - not the best to work, not the best beads i've ever seen
                          Collinite - just the best for winter! (technically colly isnt a wax though!)
                          Hard Candy, good duribility, again not superb beading

can remember the others.
                          Arden Astra VXR
                          Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Originally posted by Georgy View Post
                            I've tried a fair few waxes and havnt found one I always like, theres always a negative to them.

Vics Concours - Good spread nice to work with
                            Nattys - Great Beads, but poor duribility
                            Supernatural - not the best to work, not the best beads i've ever seen
                            Collinite - just the best for winter! (technically colly isnt a wax though!)
                            Hard Candy, good duribility, again not superb beading

can remember the others.
                            Celeste is also paning out to be quiet superior to any on the list above imo...

Try Rubbishboys Juiced Edition mate, can put money on it you will love it!

Get a tester pot on the go

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcar...&idcategory=57

Comment

I think im going BOS next, but really dont agree with spending more than about 80-90quid on a wax.

IMO waxes add very little to the finish of a car, they are purely for protection. Its the prep work that gives the look. I think the placebo affect of an expensive wax is what makes the difference.

To prove this: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=79801

*EDIT* and here: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=76435
                              Arden Astra VXR
                              Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Working...
                              X