X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing from scratch

Im just curious.

How long is the accepted norm for clean you car?

I've just spent about three and a half hours on mine t'day. am I normal??

I gave it a wash, polish, wax, seal, Cleaned wheels (forgot to do them) and all the black rubber/plastic bits.

Ta

Thats not too bad mate tbh. It varys for me, i havnt a machine polisher but when i did mine and took the wheels off too, plus a wash polish and wax it took about 7 hours iirc. It depends how long i take on the polish really as i take a while on each panel as doing it by hand gives me backache

Comment

3 and a half hour's is not over the top for a every week clean.. i spend the same infact more.. like you ..but that does involve geting every thing ready ..get the pw out..and so on to puting every thing away. so no you aint sad just proud of your car
      ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Did you take any pics Davyboy?? Smash them up if you did mate.

Comment

I meant put them up on here dont smash your camera lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
            Thats not too bad mate tbh. It varys for me, i havnt a machine polisher but when i did mine and took the wheels off too, plus a wash polish and wax it took about 7 hours iirc. It depends how long i take on the polish really as i take a while on each panel as doing it by hand gives me backache
            Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
            3 and a half hour's is not over the top for a every week clean.. i spend the same infact more.. like you ..but that does involve geting every thing ready ..get the pw out..and so on to puting every thing away. so no you aint sad just proud of your car
            Cheers fellas, that makes me feel better know I not the only one

I have to do it all by hand because the chance of getting the car parked anywhere near the house is a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
              I meant put them up on here dont smash your camera lol.
              lol hang on i'll whip it out and post some up

Comment

Camera isn't on its best settings at mo.

Comment

looking good.
                  ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

was this including hovering. in total i spend about same time on a normal weekly wash, if i was to do polish and wax mine would be about 5/6 hours... thats taking my time though...
                    sigpic

Comment

Looks very clean Dave good job mate.

Comment

My weekly clean takes between 2-3 hours, thats washing wheels, rinse wash rinse dry, quick wipe over the engine bay and dash and a shake of the matts

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
                          was this including hovering. in total i spend about same time on a normal weekly wash, if i was to do polish and wax mine would be about 5/6 hours... thats taking my time though...
                          lol Yeah my antigravity boots were playing up Got a few funny looks off the neighbours just now when taking the pics

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
                            lol Yeah my antigravity boots were playing up Got a few funny looks off the neighbours just now when taking the pics
                            lol, i get the same mate... funny looks and even a few neighbours saying, "you will wash the paint away", kind of annoys me in a way...
                            sigpic

Comment

looks very clean mate so time well spent IMO
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X