X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drying Towel

What is the best one?!

i have looked at waffle, microfibre and wool like ones! just wondering what will do the best job as i normally use a chamois but i have been told drying towels are better and wont leave streak marks aswel!

i also looked a meguirs waffle drying towel but some reviews said it can scratch the car?!
    sigpic

juicy jen's the girl,
    just had a mahosive microfibre drying towel for a real good price from her,look on her profile for details. cannot fault service either. i used to use chamois but wouldnt go near my car with nothing but a microfibre cloth of some sort now.

Comment

Dont you find though after a while no matter how much you wring the drying towel out it just seems not be be free from water thus leaving marks ?

Comment

I use the cg miracle dryer, easily does the astra vxr and even did a navara with it. no wringing

Comment

just get 2, i use one for body to start getting the water off then use the second one to finish off.

Comment

I got a Sasquatch drying towel from Chemical guys . Its very fluffy !!! I can dry the whole car without wringing it out .
            CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
            sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
            MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

Mines one of the cheap brands can't remember the name now, begins with C i think.

Anyway cost £3 and does the job beautifully

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
                Dont you find though after a while no matter how much you wring the drying towel out it just seems not be be free from water thus leaving marks ?
                You shouldnt wring a MF cloth out. It just soaks up the water.
                If its too saturated get another towel.

I personally dont rate the "Fluffy" drying towels. They're just a larger buffing cloth rebranded as a drying towel!

Get a waffle weave or a Wooly mammoth from CG (http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/Chemic...p/woolmamm.htm)
                Arden Astra VXR
                Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Ive got the Dri-u-kwik and rate it highly, its huge and soaks like an elephant
                  Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                  Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                  sigpic
                  Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                  South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by Georgy View Post

I personally dont rate the "Fluffy" drying towels. They're just a larger buffing cloth rebranded as a drying towel!

Get a waffle weave or a Wooly mammoth from CG (http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/Chemic...p/woolmamm.htm)
                    Totally agree

Comment

I have a cobra guzzler waffle weave and don't rate it at all! Hopefully the new one in getting will change my mind!!
                      #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Thanks for the responses peoples! Now I have to decide which one to get! Lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Georgy View Post

Why shouldn't you ring a mf towel out?
                          sigpic

Comment

You can wring the Dri-U-Kwik towel out due to the construction especially the 40x40cms, more difficult with the 90x60cms. The 40x40 size in particular is a direct substitute to the chamois leathers without the problems associated, i.e. brittle after drying, leaving behind smears etc etc.

The 40x40 DUK172 is a great all rounder

Comment

Originally posted by aviatorjohn View Post
                              You can wring the Dri-U-Kwik towel out due to the construction especially the 40x40cms, more difficult with the 90x60cms. The 40x40 size in particular is a direct substitute to the chamois leathers without the problems associated, i.e. brittle after drying, leaving behind smears etc etc.

The 40x40 DUK172 is a great all rounder
                              The big beasty one is a bit of a ***** to wring out End up turning it a million times asnd even then it just holds the water lol. Id be moaning if it didnt mind
                              Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                              Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                              sigpic
                              Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                              South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Working...
                              X