Originally posted by Bobbyp90
      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
      sigpic
      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
      South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Wash the car again ???

We tend to snow and rinsh off after a polish and its never caused us any problems.

Comment

ah fair play. Ordered my DA for delivery tomorrow
          sigpic

Comment

ah fair play. Ordered my DA for delivery tomorrow
            sigpic

Comment

Echo

Echo

echo

Comment

Ralph washin again has no bearing on professional use of isopropanol and it's uses in a detail, agreed it will remove dust but some fillers will still be left after washing again and only a proper ipa/water wipedown will show the correct state of a panel ready for lsp and most professionals would do this especially when the next process is a cross bonding sealent, washing again and snowfoaming is definitely not the answer especially as some paintwork marrs so easily after high gloss polishing that the most delicate touch is required and why alot of pros switch to Da from rotary to do the last stage. I've just this morning finished a 25 hour detail on a MK1 RS and I had to finish it with a DA because it marred badly when glazing with my festool, to then snowfoam and wash it again would have been detrimental to the open finish I've created. I would honestly advise 50/50 water ipa mix gently sprayed and wiped off with a fresh microfibre and if you've got dust everywhere anyway your not polishing correctly because 90% of products end as an oil and they are obviously not being broken down correctly.
                You can buy ipa in your chemist but it will have to be ordered in.
                I think first and foremost you should be learning to work polish so that no dust is left.
                Everything upto a compound like fastcut plus should leave no dusting at all and compounds are not needed on vx paintwork really except in extreme circumstances.
                I have 25 litres of ipa , if your really struggling I'll bring some to trax for you.
                Last edited by Heavenly; 19 August 2010, 07:57 PM.
                HeavenlyDetail
                Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

It's good for ensuring that no grease etc is left behind. I.e can be used before applying vinyls

Comment

Originally posted by Pymzola View Post
                    It's good for ensuring that no grease etc is left behind. I.e can be used before applying vinyls
                    Yep and makes up most of the ingredients if wrap cleans etc.
                    HeavenlyDetail
                    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                      Ralph washin again has no bearing on professional use of isopropanol and it's uses in a detail, agreed it will remove dust but some fillers will still be left after washing again and only a proper ipa/water wipedown will show the correct state of a panel ready for lsp and most professionals would do this especially when the next process is a cross bonding sealent, washing again and snowfoaming is definitely not the answer especially as some paintwork marrs so easily after high gloss polishing that the most delicate touch is required and why alot of pros switch to Da from rotary to do the last stage. I've just this morning finished a 25 hour detail on a MK1 RS and I had to finish it with a DA because it marred badly when glazing with my festool, to then snowfoam and wash it again would have been detrimental to the open finish I've created. I would honestly advise 50/50 water ipa mix gently sprayed and wiped off with a fresh microfibre and if you've got dust everywhere anyway your not polishing correctly because 90% of products end as an oil and they are obviously not being broken down correctly.
                      I think first and foremost you should be learning to work polish so that no dust is left.
                      Everything upto a compound like fastcut plus should leave no dusting at all and compounds are not needed on vx paintwork really except in extreme circumstances.
                      I have 25 litres of ipa , if your really struggling I'll bring some to trax for you.

what he said
                      ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Comment

order of ipa it is then cheers for use advice too marc
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                            Sorry i should have been clearer in my posting, i never meant it wasnt to be used but for average joe with his DA who is not Pro (sorry tom ) is it really necessary and then to start adding another product into the loop.

We have always snowed a car after a polish (not washed as such slip of tongue) and its not caused us any harm yet

And dont tell me about Marring, when we did the BMW it was 5pm and it was being picked up at 8, we had to then go over with a DA after

Comment

IPA will be added to the loop, its a lot easier than re-snowing and makes more sense...

50/50 IPA/water in a bottle, spray on, wipe off, have a looksey, be happy, smile, move on lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X