This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Bay Cleaning

Need to clean my engine bay badly.. hasnt been done for aaaages.. whats the best way to clean it? And what products are recommended? Cheers guys

degreasers, contact cleaners, megs apc, aerospace 303, detailing brush's to get into tight places

Comment

What he said

Citrus Degreaser, Megs APC then agitated

Cover any electrics and rinse.

Then add some (insert your own product) Autoglym rubber care on pipes or hoses and it should help to keep it clean and easier to keep clean.

Comment

If it hasnt been done in ages you will have your work cut out. The easiest way would be to get it steamed cleaned first

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          If it hasnt been done in ages you will have your work cut out. The easiest way would be to get it steamed cleaned first
          ive been told by Vauxhall that they do not advise steam cleaning?!? am I wrong in taking that advise?

Comment

I've just bought some Autoglym engine bay cleaner, hopefully that stuff will work nicely. I'm a little anxious about taking the karcher to the engine bay, simply incase I miss a seam and soak the battery or fuse box or something. I might just take it easy at first, apply the degreaser to a cloth and then wipe off with a clean damp cloth.

Comment

Autoglym Engine cleaner works a treat

Get some photos up

Comment

Hoping to give the whole car a detail this weekend, trouble is that the weather forecast doesn't look too good

Comment

Working...
                X