This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning right.

i dunno if im cleaning right but get cheessseeeddd off. because i go down lanes to work, and live on building site nearly done now yay. plus my car black. it rains all the time so it just looks filty looks grey just cant keep on top of it.

try to wash it once a week but then sometimes i just give up as got busy life and it filty again in ten mins think stuff it.

when i do wash it i hose the dirt off, use them wash mits with wash and wax car stuff, hose it off, scimy dry then a cloth try get the last bits off.
    the bonnet is swirled to from pervious owners.

any advice on washing? better clean? what snow foam? advice keeping the dirt off?

Probably nothing to do with your cleaning and caring of the car, all down to colour. Black cars will always show the dirt before the rest of the colours in the VXR range.

Comment

so annoying.

Comment

on the plus side they look best when clean bud

Comment

i know i think they look goregous when clean.

can anyone tell me about this snow foam is it a good investment?

Comment

The hazzards of living near a building site. As you have said it going to be impossible to keep it clean at the moment given the situation. My adivce would be as follows:

Snowfoam before washing, allow 10 minutes to run off the car and then rinse with a pressure washer if you have one, this will help to remove loose dirt along with the snowfoam and loosen and engrained dirt. Its a great investment and you will be supprised how much comes of a dirty car just by this alone. Snowfoam isnt the be all and end all, its simply there as an aide to prevent damage to the car when washing it normally. Heres a pic's of some much that came of mine just using snowfoam alone:

Wash using the 2 bucket method and make sure that the buckets have grit guards considering your surroundings. This will help to prevent the muck getting back into the shampoo and thus causing further damage when washing the car. As you have said use a mitt and wash one panel at a time.

When it comes to drying ditch the chamois, there great the first time that you use them but then they become hard until they get some water in them again and they can scratch the paintwork. You can either buy a drying towel or use microfibre cloths which are just as good but need ringing out a bit more frequently.

Then polish should you decide to. This will depend how much time you have and the products that you have.

The last step will be the final protection, either being a wax or sealant. If you have a decent LSP then this will prevent the muck clinging to the car so easily thus making it easier to clean in the future.

May be worth getting someone to do it properly for you if your not keen to do it yourself and then it will be a simple case of keeping on top it with a re-wax once a month and thats it.
            Last edited by Jay; 21 August 2010, 06:29 PM.

Comment

great advice thanks. might invest in snow foam then. and chamois is going in the bin haha.

any links on wax or anything. adive on that be great.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                great advice thanks. might invest in snow foam then. and chamois is going in the bin haha.

any links on wax or anything. adive on that be great.

thanks
                For a nice and easy wax to use that wont break the bank Petes 53 paste wax from www.carwashnwax.co.uk at around £25 is good but not so good on the durability side. Depending what colour your car is i would say Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro would be your best choice at around £40. A bit more expensive but has great looks and durability and will last you a couple of years at least, you can get that from wither www.i4detailing.co.uk or www.cleanyourcar.co.uk or PM Juciy Jen as she may have some in stock

Comment

i`de say use a sealant until the building work has finished . 2 coats of jetseal as a lsp should do the trick .

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealan.../prod_484.html

or even finishkare which is slightley cheaper

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealan.../prod_589.html

or you could ask jen to see if she can beat the above prices
                  Last edited by Daz; 21 August 2010, 07:04 PM.

Comment

ok brill. advice taken on board. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                      i`de say use a sealant until the building work has finished . 2 coats of jetseal as a lsp should do the trick .
                      what is lsp?

Comment

If you got swirls save up and get it pro detailed, plenty of us on here can give advice but without seeing the car its hard to tell, id also wait till you sorted your building site out

Comment

just the bonnet for some reason. not so bad now but it would be dusted over in few hours was going to say to the site manager you can pay to get my car washed.
                          i know a bloke that does it. but hes left the garage now see if the old man can track him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealan.../prod_484.html

or even finishkare which is slightley cheaper

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealan.../prod_589.html

or you could ask jen to see if she can beat the above prices
                            You can get just as good protection anf durability from a wax as you can from a sealant. The only product that i have used that lasts longer then anything else i have tried is Zaino Z2 when applied using the ZFX kit.

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                              what is lsp?

LSP = Last Step Protection

Comment

Working...
                              X