This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to life... Pug 106...

For my birthdays i got a DAS-6 Pro and associated starter kit I was like a kid at Christmas when we ordered it Thursday, even more so when it then turned up Friday

With it being my first time using a DA i didnt fancy testing and learning (potentially the hard way) on my corsa, so i used the nearly dead 106

This car used to be my pride and joy, never modded it in any way and it drove perfect for 2 years Granted i had a lil accident on the front but a lil bumper dent and it was still spot on
    Then my mum used it when i got a company car and picked up a few dents... Next up, my brother pretty much killed in. Managed to scratch, dent or generally ****** every panel on it On top of that there were some nasty scratches from kids and snow from earlier this year...
    At some time in its life, it developed a leak (which is apparently quite common on the 106) and we made a field fix with some mastic lol. This kinda killed the paint and windows (as can be seen later).

So i started on Friday evening with the wheels - CG Diablo wheel gel mixed with the bilberry i had left followed by two doses of snow foam (VP PHN snow with a squirt of CG Citrus wash). The car hadnt been washed (other than the rain) for the best part of 3 years so was actually filthy
    Some befores and snow + Filth....

After the first snow the paint was already showing its great level of protection lol

Mastic run...

Snowed again....

FILTH!

Then moved on to washing the thing. Used 2BM, Juicy wash mitt and CG citrus wash

Was already a vast improvement from what it was, but i wanted to do this properly So i got on with Claying the car with Zaino Clay and DD Born Slippy lube Forgot how much hard work claying a car can be
    I doubt the car had ever been clayed before (its a 2001 Y) and it was crap lol

Anyway, Evening of Day 1 faded away, Chinese was served and i was happy Had clayed the bonnet, windscreen and roof Car went back out on the road and left overnight.

Day 2 and i started with a quick rinse down to remove any dirt from over night. Carried on claying and finished by mid morning. Gave the car a quick snow/wash, Snow was changed to PHN + CG Extreme wash. That stuff is goooooooood! Definately be getting me some more of that! lol. Dried and ready for some Polishing
    Anyway...

Some pre-polish nasty scratch pictures...

After raising query on here Re: Polish + pad combo i started with Menz 3.02 on Polish pad. This didnt seem to be doing much so moved up to Compound pad. Liked this one a lot and the results that i seemed to be achieving.

50/50

Really impressed with initial results...

Another 50/50

Before...

After

Bonnet done

Moved on to Drivers side...
    Finished reflection shots...

Passenger side... and my mum obviously has a liking to running through hedgerow....

Taped up

50/50

Done

Scratch no more

Boot

Done

Quick wipe down and then waxed used Ioncoat Naviwax Dark panel pot that i bought Thought i might as well finish a job properly

Tyres dressed

And trim too... Finished article...

By this time we were meant to be going out... quick shower and out. Back and to the underground car park to try and get some better reflection shots...

Next morning...

And after a splatter of rain

All in all, my mum was well chuffed, i was surprised and pleased with the results and feel a lot more confident using the DA now. Only thing i now want is a lot more products to be testing and having fun with lol
    Im aware that theres probably quite a few, if not loads, of things ive done wrong (or just not entirely right) so any comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers for looking
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

nice job, how did you find the polisher I am thinking of getting the same one as well?
    My Progress Thread : http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55899

Comment

I found it really quiet easy By maybe going a bit gun-ho i managed to get the results i wanted so got away with it. Im meant to be doing my Dads Transit, my brothers MG ZR and then my corsa... so ill let you know
      sigpic

Comment

Looking sweet tom! Whered you purchase the polisher from mate? Im debating one myself atm. Pads come with or?
        Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpy View Post
          Looking sweet tom! Whered you purchase the polisher from mate? Im debating one myself atm. Pads come with or?
          Right... http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish.../prod_720.html ... there mate lol

I only got the little kit as it gives me a bit more flexibility to get some 3M stuff or CG's I really fancy trying the hexlogic pads after reading about them so see how things go
          sigpic

Comment

Cracking work Thomas good results mate
            sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Cheers mate A lot of effort and managed to avoid the rain all day
              sigpic

Comment

i like how your corsa comes last plenty of practise on other cars first

thats propably the cleanest 106 around now

Comment

Gonna get me one of those next month!

Looks a really good job from what I can see on my phone!
                  #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

For a first attempt pretty good mate

Comment

Originally posted by G-man View Post
                      i like how your corsa comes last plenty of practise on other cars first

thats propably the cleanest 106 around now
                      I think its the cleanest the car has been for the last 5 years But it did look good after

Practice makes perfect lol

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
                      Gonna get me one of those next month!

Looks a really good job from what I can see on my phone!
                      Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      For a first attempt pretty good mate
                      Thanking yous

Jay - are there any pointers that you could offer? I kinda just went with what i though looked right/needed to be done with taping up, etc and polish was applied using speed 1.5/2 to prevent it goign everywhere then worked at speed 5.
                      Finishing was done at speed 4 after spread.

Cheers
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks pretty good Thomas I for 1 would be happy if my car went from that to that

I wonder if you gave it enough time with the middle pad you have, should have tried different combos on the same section, you will never achive full correction with a DA. But hey what do i know

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
                          Looks pretty good Thomas I for 1 would be happy if my car went from that to that

I wonder if you gave it enough time with the middle pad you have, should have tried different combos on the same section, you will never achive full correction with a DA. But hey what do i know
                          I only tried the polish pad on the bonnet, but it wasnt even touching some of the scratches that were present. Due to how bad the paint was generally i figured i might as well go gun-ho and compound pad, see what the results were and if it went pete tong id learn not to do it like that again

Agree with full correction, there are still a few deep scratches that wont shift, i somewhat gave up on them

But, generally speaking, i was really chuffed with how it turned out Mirror like reflections Just a shame i havent really got any decent pics of them
                          sigpic

Comment

Looks great mate bet ur mum was chuffed with the results, just tell her to keep away from the coz wash and hedges now! ha

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                              Right... http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish.../prod_720.html ... there mate lol

I only got the little kit as it gives me a bit more flexibility to get some 3M stuff or CG's I really fancy trying the hexlogic pads after reading about them so see how things go
                              Nice one Tom, think I was looking at the same DA just the £159/£169 priced one or something, easy enough to get the hang of?
                              Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X