This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning gurus quick Q

can i use zaino grand finale over supernatural wax? i've got a good look with the wax and don't want to spoil it, will i gain anything using the zaino? cheers

i never use a Quick Detailer unless its to use on bird plop.

Others will disagree but if you happy with your Wax just reapply it every few months.

SN is a meduim wax so will need topping up once in a while

Comment

cheers for that. but i'm sure (not 100%) vxrmarc uses a detailer to top off his finishes??
      anybody else got any opinions please?

Comment

just found this.... http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...t=grand+finale

so marc uses it to top off but is that on wax or just sealant?

marc where r u?

Comment

Sure it's fine to top up with Ian I'm sure Both Jay and vxrmarc have said better to use a QD to top up with than to apply a wax with lots of layers as the more layers you use the cloudier the finish.
          Last edited by vxr.paul; 23 August 2010, 06:43 PM.
          ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

cheers Paul. when u say "to top up with" do u mean like after washing or now when my car has just been waxed? i'm thinking of doing it now but don't know if it will look better or not?

Comment

But after 2-3 months id have said the wax would be on its way out so would need another coat or stripping back and doing again ??

Quick detailer is going to last what, a Day

Comment

If it's zaino Z8 then yes. Its a sealent and makes it very shinny and protects it for a few weeks.

there has been various posts on DW where they have used Z8 and no wax and the durablity has been very good

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
                  But after 2-3 months id have said the wax would be on its way out so would need another coat or stripping back and doing again ??

Quick detailer is going to last what, a Day
                  just done 2nd coat of wax today looks good just want to know if grand finale is ok to use on wax(it's a sealant)and will it make my car even shinier

Comment

I would but wait until the next wash. Sometimes using a detailing spray will remove some of the wax propaties. Most say wait 24 hours after waxing.

But give it a good rebuff a few hours after waxing just with a clean MF cloth. This sometimes has a good effect

Comment

I like to use Z8 after a wash and dry to boost the look and wax that has been applied already. but I guess you could finish off with a buff of Z8 Ian.

Comment

Iv'e just started using the chemicals guys quick detailer, the blue stuff, smells amazing lol

But my god it good, I use it on the paint windows wheels and all the plastics after a wash and dry and its leaves a great finish

Comment

Originally posted by nige87 View Post
                          I would but wait until the next wash. Sometimes using a detailing spray will remove some of the wax propaties. Most say wait 24 hours after waxing.

But give it a good rebuff a few hours after waxing just with a clean MF cloth. This sometimes has a good effect
                          I can wait 24hrs car is in garage going nowhere till the weekend. so can i do it tomorrow for an even better finish? i'm still

cheers 4 ur replies Ian and Ralph

Comment

Originally posted by dazzyvxr View Post
                            Iv'e just started using the chemicals guys quick detailer, the blue stuff, smells amazing lol

But my god it good, I use it on the paint windows wheels and all the plastics after a wash and dry and its leaves a great finish
                            Thats awesome stuff I use gallons of it....

Comment

The rule of thumb with an lsp is that wax over sealant yes but never the other way rouund. Reason being is that the sealant will not take to the wax and become unstable and you will never get a good finish no matter how much you try.

Comment

Working...
                              X