X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CG jetseal

bought some a while back but havnt got round to using it yet

a few Q. i know it can be used on the wheels instead o rim wax
    wots the best way to apply it to the paint work and wheels ?

Do i polish the car then apply jetseal in a thin layer instead of waxing or do i polish seal then wax ?

hopefully weather permiting will be using it at end o week
    sigpic

I've been using two coats of it then applying a wax on top for extra durability.
    You can apply by hand no bother using a decent quality applicator, but I've been using a soft pad on a low speed with no pressure on a da polisher.
    Hth. :-)

Comment

polish then seal you can wax after sealing but 2 coats of jetseal is normally good enough so save your wax

Comment

I'm about to buy some PB's World Wheel sealant. Sould I spend the extra and get the jetseal 109 instead? I have dodo juice blue velvet wax. Could I do as follows:

1. Wash
        2. Super Resin Polish
        3. Jetseal 109 Seal
        4. Blue Velvet carnuba wax (just the body, not the wheels)

Would the jetseal make the dodo juice redundant? Or should I not bother and just go with my first plan of just getting wheel sealant, continuing to use dodo juice on the body?

Comment

cheers guys looking forward to trying it
          using the machine polisher is a bit oot my skill range the now lol so by hand

how long do leave between coats daz ?
          do you apply a coat buff off then leave for half an hour then apply second ?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DAZ MCGUINNESS VXR View Post
            cheers guys looking forward to trying it
            using the machine polisher is a bit oot my skill range the now lol so by hand

how long do leave between coats daz ?
            do you apply a coat buff off then leave for half an hour then apply second ?
            leave at least 20 minutes before buffing off 1st coat then i leave 2nd coat on a little longer ,

i normally leave 2nd coat on for about an hour myself but thats because i find other things to clean

no need to apply too much as a thin layer of each coat is enough , any more will be just wasted when you buff off ,

Comment

Persoanlly i apply one layer, leave an hour to cure and then buff off

Then apply a second layer, leave an hour to cure and buff off

Applying the second layer is not so much about getting an enxtra layer of protection on the car its more about making sure that you have even coverage on the car and havent missed any bits.

Same goes for the wheels aswell

Ideally polish the car before applying the jetseal if needed.

Comment

Once the first coat is buffed off, how long do I need to wait to apply a second? Can I do it straight away?

And how long after the second coat is buffed off can I apply the dodo juice wax?
                Last edited by Amraam; 28 August 2010, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amraam View Post
                  Once the first coat is buffed off, how long do I need to wait to apply a second? Can I do it straight away?

And how long after the second coat is buffed off can I apply the dodo juice wax?
                  Cg recommend a minimum of 20mins between coats.

Comment

Working...
                  X