X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Kits

Hi guys and gals,

Which clay kit would you say is best for the price? I've been looking at the new Autoglym Clay Kit and can get it for about £20.00, or some other kit?

Cheers for any help,
    Leyton

I bought the maguires one for my 1st mate and i cant fault it, made the car as smooth as glass.

Comment

Oooh, can't say I've seen a meguiars one. I'll have a nebbie in a bit for it cheers

Comment

No probs mate, halfords do it for 25 quid, you get two claybars, clay lube(quick detailer) a microfibre cloth and some cleaner wax iirc. Ebay might be cheaper tho.

Dont use the quick detailer as lube tho as its too expensive for that, i used it as a quick detailer after washing and it lasted much longer.

Water some car shampoo and put it in a squirty bottle it works just as well and costs nothing mate.

Comment

Going to the Power Festival? You might be able to pick some up there

Astra

Comment

Ahh yeah. I see. I'll go have a look tomorrow at halfords then. I'm after 2 clay bars anyway really so I got one for the wheels. Good advice though with the water and shampoo, I'd of never thought of that

Comment

i used the meguiars one, really good but can be picked up much cheaper with juicy jen

Comment

I use the autoglym one and it gets the paint smooth as a babies bottom. lol

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

Haha, that's good then! suppose there all the same aren't they really?? I'm not going to the power festival Ian no unfortunately

Comment

basically all the same, just the price thats different, i also use soapy water as the lube, lot cheaper than the detailer they give you.

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

Yeah id of never thought of that myself.

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Another megs clay kit user. The quik detailer that comes with it is great, but I used half a bottle just to clay my VXR for the first time today (don't think it's ever seen a clay bar in its life!!). As others say, warm soapy water is just as good. Make sure you knead and warm up the clay or you'll just scratch the car more.

Comment

Working...
                        X