This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays work

Didn't take any progress shots, but here's the result of 8 hours work today:

It didn't turn out as great as I hoped, but I still think it looks good Maybe I was just expecting too much, or I did it wrong! haha

My process:

1. Snow foamed
    2. Washed
    3. Clayed
    4. snow foamed again (not needed, but it's cool and I wanted to do it again haha)
    5. washed again
    6. dried
    7. polished with SRP
    8. two coats of jetseal 109

I planned to go over it with dodo juice wax also, but ran out of time lol.

Some of the photos are before I polished/wax, and others are after. The photos look the same anyway.

Last edited by Amraam; 29 August 2010, 02:29 AM.

Yeh, I know what you mean! Pretty disappointing is that!

Oh well, maybe you'll get a result next time, what a waste of time.

Comment

Hehe yeah that's the thing, it looks shiney as **** in the pics, but in RL it's not glass like it appears. Maybe if it doesn't rain over night, or get crapped on pigeons, I'll give it a coat or two of dodo juice too

Comment

Or whack some Demon Shine on it

£2 for 2ltrs in Asda at the moment

Comment

demon shine, works a treat hahahaha.
          Looks great harry mate, i remember when i first done mine, didn't look as well as id hoped but the only real correction difference is if you use a machine polisher to hide any defection apparently. Still looks sexy! Good work.

Comment

Looks really good
            Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

looks mint buddy
              xbox addy -turboyoda85
              Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Same as my adren looks ok when clean but to get arden deep and dark needs a machine buff (scurries away to call juicy jen)

Comment

Looking good

Arden FTW

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
                    Same as my adren looks ok when clean but to get arden deep and dark needs a machine buff (scurries away to call juicy jen)
                    Yeah I'm after getting a DA to get rid of the swirls and scratches, just out of cash atm

Comment

Originally posted by Amraam View Post
                      Yeah I'm after getting a DA to get rid of the swirls and scratches, just out of cash atm
                      looking nice and shinny mate yeah a DA would be good to get light swirls and scratch's out... but a rotary is where it all happends... people say get a DA first i did..used it once ..sold it and bought a rotary..as there much better.. as long as you dont stay in the same place to long(alway's check the paint work for heat) ...work with the line's/edge's of the car.. and dont crank the speed up to much 5 max all should be fine... but it's up to your self mate..but if i was to do it again i would'nt of bought a DA first

here's when i done mine used a rotary http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ht=hour+polish
                      ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

a da is a good starting point and perhaps all you need although a rotary is the nuts for correction a da is more than good enough for acheiving a top finish on your own motor,i did my merv ,my mates scooby and a girls mgtf at weekend (yes very busy,lol)all with a kestrel das-6 and srp topped with r222.no pics to show but i'm doing a yaris(lol)at weekend so will post up some pics to show that srp with a da can acheive good results but for more correction srp does not have enough cutting power to correct,try something heavier like poorboys 2.5 for swirl removal
                        Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Looking good mate. I know what you mean about Arden looking better in pic's, in direct sunlight arden looks very bland IMO but with a bit of shadow its awsome. Dont worry mate, looks great and you'll soon get the amount of time it has taken you down with experience. Normally i do a 15-25 step wash in 8/9 hrs

Comment

Looks very smart mate
                            Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                            Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                            sigpic
                            Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                            South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                              looking nice and shinny mate yeah a DA would be good to get light swirls and scratch's out... but a rotary is where it all happends... people say get a DA first i did..used it once ..sold it and bought a rotary..as there much better.. as long as you dont stay in the same place to long(alway's check the paint work for heat) ...work with the line's/edge's of the car.. and dont crank the speed up to much 5 max all should be fine... but it's up to your self mate..but if i was to do it again i would'nt of bought a DA first

here's when i done mine used a rotary http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ht=hour+polish
                              i went straight to rotary it isn't really rocket science tbh, i think people are over cautious about burning paint and like i've said before i used to wash my car with fairy liquid. it really isn't that scary with a rotary.

Comment

Working...
                              X