This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for the pro's........

I have a Alfa Brera in for paint correction which is cover in bodyshop overspray.....! what's ways do I have other than wet n dry to get it off....?

help please!
    sigpic

Corsa VXR Z16LER2008 ~ Silvertech Bulbs ~ Miltek Race FULL De-Cat ~ PI 30mm Springs ~ Diblas Flowmaster ~ Samcos & DV26d ~ Corts Stg-1 Map ~ boost guage ~ Dashhawk ~ 5k HIDs ~ AFL's ~ 18's ~ Rear Tints

ClAying would be the obvious choice but they should have a product in an aerosol that can be sprayed on the car that removes overspray provided the car has no smart repairs, I can't remember the name of it..
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

oh really, how does that work then? and how come if its not had smart repair?

yea i ve tried claying it, first thing that was tried, soft to start then on too a corse clay, that hasnt even shifted it!!
      sigpic

Corsa VXR Z16LER2008 ~ Silvertech Bulbs ~ Miltek Race FULL De-Cat ~ PI 30mm Springs ~ Diblas Flowmaster ~ Samcos & DV26d ~ Corts Stg-1 Map ~ boost guage ~ Dashhawk ~ 5k HIDs ~ AFL's ~ 18's ~ Rear Tints

Comment

Autosmart Tardis left to dwell and wipe off with a clean MF towel. then use an aggressive clay bar and concentrated lube to remove stubborn over-spray (elbow grease needed)

If that fails use some compound polish (3m fast cut plus) and apply by hand to the area and work it in until it removes it.

All else fails, Then you will have to wet\dry it (2000 grit)

as said if its a repair job, just leave it a couple of weeks to save any issues damaging the repair work
        Last edited by Dan_vxR; 2 September 2010, 11:22 PM.

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Have you tried thinners on a small area?

It will be fine to use as long as you wipe on and wipe of pronto and dont do the new panel thats been painted.

If clay wont move it then like has been said its on to heavy cut compound but i wouldnt wet n dry it.

Comment

ive tried everything but wet n dry! which in the end thats what i did! sanded one half of a car! what a mess!!!

but charged a good rate thou....
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X