This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anything i have missed??

so starting my collection and going to start detailing properly now i have leart from paul over the las few months, on the shopping list is there anything else ill need to get started or have i got it all??
    http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/ShoppingCart.asp
    ill get my foam lance from juicy on here, and wanting a machine polisher if anyone knows a good one i can get, cheers

Originally posted by jada07515 View Post
    so starting my collection and going to start detailing properly now i have leart from paul over the las few months, on the shopping list is there anything else ill need to get started or have i got it all??
    ill get my foam lance from juicy on here, and wanting a machine polisher if anyone knows a good one i can get, cheers

well you will need some thing mate your cart say's empty !

but i would buy a rotary all day over a DA but that's just me as found the DA only good for a polish./.not paint correction so really both are needed if you were to start out doing other people's car's.

and this place is good to get some good infor from

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/
    ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

ha ha was it really ill take a look thanks mate

Comment

Link not working again mate , why not get it all from jen she will do a good deal

Comment

yea i know wots missing of ur list vxr.paul to do the detail

Comment

ha ha i cant keep pestering him to do it ,im am now promoted from padiwan detailer !!!

Comment

full list / process here bud. . .some may do it differently but this is the way I do it for a full detail.

Snowfoam using powerwash and snowfoam lance: valet pro ph neutral snowfoam. This doesn't strip the wax when just doing a 'maintenance' wash.

rinse

Wash two bucket method: Better to use buckets with grit guards. I use a lambswool wash mitt though some prefer the microfiber ones or zymol sponge.

rinse

Clay (if needed): sonus ultrafine clay

wash again or a good rinse

Dry: chemical guys miracle dryer is the one I use or just any decent drying towel.

paint correction would be done at this point. . .

if not then dodo juice lime prime to cleanse the paint either via hand or machine then buffed off using a microfiber (best to have lots of these) ready for a wax to be applied (I use a wax rather than a sealant).

Finally wax or seal which ever you prefer: dodo juice purple haze pro applied using meguirs gold class applicator pads and then left to cure for half hour before buffing. Re-buff after an hour if required

Hope thats helped a little. . . Other bits you'll need

wheel cleaner - bilberry
              brushes - sell these on chemical guys and which ever tickles your fancy
              megs apc is also useful for general purpose cleaning
              glass cleaner / polish -
              tyre dressing - meguirs endurance tyre dressing is my fave as it lasts and gives the tyres a wet look
              chem guys jet seal: great on body work and to seal the wheels to make them easier to clean in the future
              quick detailer - some hate these some love them, I use chem guys pro detailer (smells like bubblegum ) this one specifically to top up the wax on a maintenance wash

Comment

thanks for that mate v helpful good method statment!!

Comment

Originally posted by jada07515 View Post
                  thanks for that mate v helpful good method statment!!
                  Cheers bud

Comment

Mate your link for the shopping cart wont work for anyone as it uses cookies to store the data for when you order iirc? Something like that anyway.

best thing to do is either list it or printscreen and upload what you was going to buy and then people can help with opinions if its any good.

Defo go with bilberry for the wheel cleaner by far the best i've ever used and lasts quite well too.
                    Megs tyre endurance is good too just make sure you apply it well(i usually just apply with a sponge)
                    Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X