This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you rinse off the snow foam?

Random question, but before you start cleaning with a mitt and shampoo, do you guys tend to rinse off the snow foam (after letting it sit for 10 mins or so) with water? Or just leave it on as extra cleaning solution when washing with the mitt?

i'm no cleaning expert but i always rinse it off and never let it dry on

Comment

yeah you rinse it off first then wash
      sigpic

Gloss black 18's, 2 Piece Remus, Full Blue SMD Conversion by Stampede, 3 Gauge Conversion by Jigger, Team Heko Wind deflectors, Tinted Side Repeaters, Arden Edition Stickers, Siggy Washer Jets and VXRO stickers

Comment

Rinse, the snow foam removes a lot of grit and dirt, if you clean it without rinsing you are just rubbing all that dirt and grit all over your paint
        VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

I think the whole purpose of snow foaming is removing the road grit grime etc away from the paintwork without touching/moving it across the paint therefor slapping UR wash mitt into the snow foam is going to trap it between the mitt and paintwork. That's my thoughts anyway.

Comment

Someone can type quicker than me lol

Comment

Tip of the day...haha

Rinse off the snow foam and with what is left over in the mixture bottle (if any) use it on the car before you wash it

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Cool thanks. Just as well that that's what I already do!

Just thought I'd check to see if I was doing it right

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyc2010 View Post
                  Someone can type quicker than me lol
                  VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

sorry for barging in but where do yous all buy your snowfoam and what type? decided to get my nilfisk washer out last week and works great , tried the shampoo in the standard bottle to see wat happens but fancy getting into the snow game so was going to either try snow foam in that or get a bottle ment for foaming. cheers
                    sigpic

Comment

http://www.juicydetailing.co.uk/pre-...roducts/1.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin...sh/cat_67.html

Comment

even cheaper hear >> http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...nce-deals-2010

Comment

I only leave the snowfoam on the car for 5 mins otherwise it drys out and leaves marks. Theres also autobrite direct for foam lances and chemical guys no touch snow foam is very good.
                          Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

Working...
                          X