This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mammoth drying towel :D

Well decided to quickly wash over the car today and then it rained again in joyful Manchester thought I would take a before and after shot of the mammoths drying power!! it's brilliant and miles miles miles better than a leather rag!!
    Before:

After (only wiped down once)

Perfect results, it soaked up every bit of water! Well impressed

Very good towel but like all new microfibres they prefer to have their twills damp before they take in water , i only really use the Miracle Dryer now and have only one mammoth because i have so many miracles..
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtommy1 View Post

After (only wiped down once)
      That paint needs a good wax!
      VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

Not neccesarily! I had this discussion with someone the other day and showed that when spraying a car that has been waxed it beads lovely but once washed with a shampoo and then sprayed off at the end the surface is saturated and may not neccesarily bead up but once dried it will resume beading , i should have shot a video of this as i showed it on a wash routine with a DodoWax on.
        HeavenlyDetail
        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Wooly mammoth is my favourite drying towel

Comment

The mammoth is good for a few uses until it starts to thread, look after it and u should get good use outta it mate

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_S27 View Post
              That paint needs a good wax!
              Hey buddy, yeah the paint work needs a proper job, had it all set on Thursday cause it was nice but it went really really hot for some stupid reason and I've been told too never polish/wax in heat! so perfect day for it today.....then the clouds appeared! need a unit to do it in, anyone got a spare one lol

As for the towel, I'm amazed but it's leaving furr marks behind, been told to wash the towel??

Comment

Yeah you need to wash them first to get rid of the fluffy.

Been using my mammoth a while and never had any problems with it bobbling or shredding etc

Comment

Originally posted by JuicyJen View Post
                  Yeah you need to wash them first to get rid of the fluffy.

Been using my mammoth a while and never had any problems with it bobbling or shredding etc
                  Haha, only just realised!! It's tom, spoke to u last week at some point about my order of woolys, grit guard and wash mitt, how they doing?

And what am I too wash the mammoth in, with or without fabric softener?

Comment

Hi Tom lol, still waiting for the drying towels to come in.

You have a choice of either a specific Microfibre wash provided by cg (I do wash mine in this as it saves my liquid for the kids clothes) or alternatively use non-biological washing liquid and no conditioner at 30 degrees

How's your dad rating the products on the fords?

Comment

without softener for washing anything microfibre based
                      Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by JuicyJen View Post
                        Hi Tom lol, still waiting for the drying towels to come in.

You have a choice of either a specific Microfibre wash provided by cg (I do wash mine in this as it saves my liquid for the kids clothes) or alternatively use non-biological washing liquid and no conditioner at 30 degrees

How's your dad rating the products on the fords?
                        dad loves the products on the ford i cant believe how much a difference these things make. i've yet to polish and then wax the car yet with the products u sent but the stuff we have both used were raving about to people.

thanks for the washing info....can i throw my mitts in too???

and the hybrid 7 stuff....is that a spray on wipe straight off...or spray on, let it set a little then wipe??

cheers jen
                        tom

Comment

Yes you add your wash mitts and any thing Microfibre.

with the V7 basically spray on, although you do not need a lot as it spreads well. Wipe in with one soft buffing cloth and wipe again with another. One cloth will become saturated otherwise and leave streak marks....what about the smell? It's one of my favourite at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Novus View Post
                            without softener for washing anything microfibre based
                            I have literally just pulled my towels out of the tumble dryer..
                            I used comfort softener and they feel brand new!

Comment

Working...
                            X