This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best polish/wax for a White car...

Firstly let me say that I'm after a cheap (as reasonably possible) polish and wax for a white car (corsa arctic). I'm new to detailing and getting a friend to help me. I'm using his machine polisher so the polish needs to be ok with a machine polisher. He has applicator pads, sealant, clay, lube etc. I'm just going to buy my own products so im not too cheeky. I don't want to be spending £100etc.

A quick basic sequence of what I should be would be much appreciated. I only want a basic detail guide as I've seen how long some people can go on for.

Thanks for any help.

have a look on detailing world mate, plenty of helpfull people on there

as for wax i use dodo juice diamond white

corsa arctic edition #257
    now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Originally posted by deans arctic View Post
      have a look on detailing world mate, plenty of helpfull people on there

as for wax i use dodo juice diamond white
      Yeah I was looking at that wax? Any good?

Comment

havent really used anything else mate so can't compare

i like it tho

corsa arctic edition #257
        now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

basic process:

snowfoam - if you have it
          pressure wash
          wash 2 bucket method
          pressure wash
          clay
          wash again as above
          pressure wash
          dry
          polish
          pre-wax clenser
          wax

what sort of machine polisher are you using and what experience do you have using one. as for polish autoglym super resin polish is a good all rounder and will help to remove and amsk defects.

as for a wax, white is a basic solid colour, has not metallic flakes in it. if your looking for cheap but cheerful then i would recommend something like chemical guys petes 53

Comment

Depends on what your looking to do really. As your not looking to spend hours then I would say it's an enhancement that your after. You could use something as simple as dodo juice lime prime on a polishing pad, which will achieve a result better than than achievable by hand.

Alternatively if want to do a correction how about some sample pots of the 3m range, these are 250ml and more than sufficient to do a car with.

Wax wise dodo juice diamond White panel pots for around a fiver and will give you around 6 to 8 coats, or as Jay said petes 53 from cg is a cheap but decent wax. Alternatively you could use something like cg black light

Comment

you can buy a sample pot of dodo juice , super natural is best on white IMHO , it is diamond white but better
              ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                you can buy a sample pot of dodo juice , super natural is best on white IMHO , it is diamond white but better
                Forgot that one bit more expensive too

Comment

Well it's got a few chips in the paint which I'm going to use a touch up own to fill the polish and wax in also to smooth over. It has a few swirl marks which I also want to remove so would it be a correction?

I know it's not a rotary polisher. He said it's just a beginner one. Ive only ever once used a machine polisher but he has done it alot and has offered to teach me.

Comment

id probably say Supernatural too...
                    Previous Owner of the Carbon Edition VXR - Stage 3 [Airtec + Remus] Carbon Alloys and Rocker, Blue 356mm Ksports, Roose CDTI & Black Samcos, PPP Tophat + Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, H&R Race Springs, Black Whiteline RARB, Blue SMD Conversion
                    **Audi R8 FTW & Progress thread**

Comment

Crystal coatings are starting to prosper better on white now i think. Donor car with Miracle crystal technology coating , rather sexy i think.

HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                      X