This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car air blower?

Hey guys its been a while since ive posted on here as i dont own the burg anymore

But being as this is the best place for info on detaling and cleaning i thought soneone can point me in the right direction!

I now have a frozen white fiesta ST and as always modded it to my taste and i decided to get focus RS style rims and spray them black only problem is when i wash the wheels if i let them drip dry they look dirty! And im getting a bit fed up of going around the car numerous times drying them before i can take the car out!
    So im afriad its drastic measures and i was thinking an air blower would save me time!

The only problem i have now is chemical guys usa sell a handheld jetspeed blower for like $50...but i heared u need a transformer for it to work in the uk? I dont want to spend silly money looking at £50 tops if i can!

Is there another way i could go about this? Is there a uk product thats cheap yet really good? Wat does everyone else use? Any links? Help would really be appreciated!

Also if marc is reading this what do you reccomend also mate?

Do you use an acid based alloy wheel cleaner?
    Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

simple answer is not to let them drip dry

Comment

sorry i wasted my time
        Dan_vxR
        VXR Torque of the Devil
        Last edited by Dan_vxR; 7 July 2011, 07:06 PM.

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Im using bilberry wheel cleaner

Comment

Originally posted by WiggzVxrNurburgring View Post
            Im using bilberry wheel cleaner
            Thats not to bad on painted or refurbished wheels although i would still stick to hot soapy water.
            Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

Hot soapy water is exactly the problem because its drying out accelerated and leaving behind all the deposits Typically black to be honest and even with an air blower you may still find the same to some degree unless all the water is shifted before drying.
              Personally my routine would be to blow them with an Aeolus TD 901 which will shift everything then spray with detailer and wipe over , this will not leave you with any kind of bad finish and will have the advantage of not having water runs from the wheel nut sections. Im going to go back to blow drying through the winter and have a new 100 gallon a day RO System being delivered so i can wash , watering can zero tds water over the new vehicle when it arrives then blow dry so i can do a full dry without touching it.
              HeavenlyDetail
              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Many thankz for the reply marc! Where do i get a aeolus td 901 from? How much does it cost?

Comment

You can pick them up for under £100 on ebay but heres a new one.

http://www.ideas-4-pets.com/aeolus-p...77-p-2433.html

It has the advantage of multi speed air flow and also heat up and down compared with the black baron which simply shifts water about and doesnt dry it at all , totally pointless to me especially in the engine bay where you want to clean it then dry it and know all areas are dry not wet lower down , obviously can be used to dry interior aswell and in winter trust me this thing comes into its own just for heat alone but for me it warms my panels ready for correction.
                  HeavenlyDetail

Comment

marc , i thought you used the chemguys dryer

Comment

That was the one Dave supplied at that time and luckily in my opinion the best one on the market for the money. Now im unsure what he supplies.
                      HeavenlyDetail

Comment

linky removed as you never know
                        Daz
                        Dont need wings
                        Last edited by Daz; 7 July 2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Daz my concern when buying an Aeolus is that it is an Aeolus because there have been quite a few cases of copies , externally identical , internally rubbish motors and not the same unit as made by Aeolus. Mine has the badge on it as does the one i linked , this one you have linked has been carefully positioned so in every photo you cant see the other side where the metal badge is , for that reason i personally would at least contact the supplier and ask for a photo and conformation of the internals and who manufacturers it if it was Aeolus they would have put it in big bold letters because its like Kenwood in the stereo world not Itchifanny a Chinese replica.
                          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

does seem strange they don`t advertise the actual make , anyway i`ve removed link just incase

Comment

I'd recommend the Aeolus too, I use it myself, great machine, and as Marc says, much better value than the Black Baron

P1050323 by RussZS, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X