X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daz
    Dont need wings
    • 10 May 2006

Originally posted by moosh
    Marc and Rob have tried to answer, looks to me is you like what Rob says but not what marc says. My input is above basically looks like a great concept and I've just to choose which system I'll go for.

I think it will be chemguys I've never got on with megs...
    far from it , marc has made some valid points , main reason for thread was to highlight CYC now sell these kits and nothing more , the vids and the review link has covered it all tbh , heat , friction , speed , pressure , and not forgetting keeping the pads clean are very inportant but as said it`s already been covered in the vids and link shown . no offence to marc here but if he knows better then he really needs to take it up with his friends in america and advise them accordingly .

Comment

• moosh
      I get a Buzz out of life!
      • 3 August 2008

Originally posted by Daz
      far from it , marc has made some valid points , main reason for thread was to highlight CYC now sell these kits and nothing more , the vids and the review link has covered it all tbh , heat , friction , speed , pressure , and not forgetting keeping the pads clean are very inportant but as said it`s already been covered in the vids and link shown . no offence to marc here but if he knows better then he really needs to take it up with his friends in america and advise them accordingly .
      Surely you should have used thanks for your comments instead of...

Yawn?

Bit rude mate...

Comment

• Daz
        Dont need wings
        • 10 May 2006

Surely you should have used thanks for your comments instead of...

Yawn?

Bit rude mate...
        yawn was towards the tw1t comment , bit like being back at school

i did feel the thread was going off topic a little and as said to those that don`t have an understanding of how polishes/pads/and machines works it will come across a wee bit confusing ,

Comment

• moosh
          • 3 August 2008

Originally posted by Daz
          yawn was towards the tw1t comment , bit like being back at school

i did feel the thread was going off topic a little and as said to those that don`t have an understanding of how polishes/pads/and machines works it will come across a wee bit confusing ,
          Daz you said back on topic?! He was pretty much on topic?! - I thought anyway

Comment

• Daz
            Dont need wings
            • 10 May 2006

Daz you said back on topic?! He was pretty much on topic?! - I thought anyway
            guess i read it different and tbh as it was coming across as if the kit wasn`t all that when marc posted the vid of using megs 205 , no offence was intended but was wanting to keep it on the topic which is about the megs mf correction system

Comment

• Heavenly
              I tell ya wat I want wat I really really want
              • 12 August 2006

Correction compound and 5" cutting disc see below, thanks..

Daz I think it's all just too technical for you at this stage not having used it No offence intended and saying it as it is etc but I think Gordy understands it having a polishing background as does Rob who has used it and will understand why I'm finishing down with 205 but you won't as you haven't used it , my friends in America created and tested the system and are in Meguiars personal panel so if I've got any correct info on the products and how to use them then it's come direct from the manufacturer and the guys who use it day in day out so thanks for your concern , I'm sure there are secret uk testers aswell for Meguiars who give feedback , they like an all-round opinion and ways to improve their product as do all manufacturers
              Gordy glad you've decided to use the product, I'll hook you up when your ready.

So is it a good system or not Megs or Chemguys as it's almost identical?
              Yes it's brilliant but with flaws. It's brilliant because the best pros in the business are using it for their correction stage with no heat and good correction without risking damage but like I've highlighted and is important to know, finishing with a DA Microfibre pad can marr if the pad is not perfectly clean and a better finish can be achieved with foam and po85rd etc which Is how the guys are finishing now and I've taken note , tested and agree but for the average person doing this on their daily the microfibre finishing system will probably suffice.
              Last edited by Heavenly; 18 July 2011, 10:00 AM.
              HeavenlyDetail
              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

• badboyburt
                Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken
                • 13 July 2009

Well after all the above comments I seem to understand it is good but the finishing pads are crap ?

You guys make it hard for us mere mortals lol, we just want a product that is good for us hobbyists and not to pricey, Im a big fan of Megs and over the years they have brought out some good products.
                sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

• Heavenly
                  • 12 August 2006

Burt the system is good very good and the average person will be pleased using the system start to finish provided they have an airline or enough pads not to need one but the professionals using this system prefer to finish off traditionally using a foam finishing pad and finishing polish because they get s slightly better result , only your eye and Paintwork will tell you if you are happy with what's achievable from microfibre only, for me last week on the Typer soft Paintwork finishing as I did gave a proper sharp wet finish that suited my eyes better.
                  HeavenlyDetail

Comment

• Ralphvxr
                    VXR Torque of the Devil
                    • 13 September 2008

But here in lies the problem dont it

I am not going against anything thats been said as i take on board what most people say and use it when clean/detail cars

But hang on a second let me just go and get myt air system out of the garage.............................

I cant see how, if your saying marring is going to occur if pads are not clean etc, that this system is for joe bloggs who might buy it and use it once and it will sit in the garage for 4 years, Joe meets Jen who has a couple of kids and changes his car, he says ill get my megs MF system out again for the family station wagon. Oh crap marring (yes i am being pedantic )

If the megs top boys in the states like it and it stops heat build up then all very good but i take on board a lot of what marc says and he is saying he wont use it generaly then as a weekend warrior why would i spend all this money on a new system ????

Can i ask a Question, Paul Dalton does he use it, will he use it ?

Comment

• moosh
                      • 3 August 2008

Originally posted by Ralphvxr
                      But here in lies the problem dont it

I am not going against anything thats been said as i take on board what most people say and use it when clean/detail cars

But hang on a second let me just go and get myt air system out of the garage.............................

I cant see how, if your saying marring is going to occur if pads are not clean etc, that this system is for joe bloggs who might buy it and use it once and it will sit in the garage for 4 years, Joe meets Jen who has a couple of kids and changes his car, he says ill get my megs MF system out again for the family station wagon. Oh crap marring (yes i am being pedantic )

If the megs top boys in the states like it and it stops heat build up then all very good but i take on board a lot of what marc says and he is saying he wont use it generaly then as a weekend warrior why would i spend all this money on a new system ????

Can i ask a Question, Paul Dalton does he use it, will he use it ?
                      As i understand it mate after you have used the kit and like every other pad you have used you would wash it and stick it back so when Joe's new fancy piece Jen buys that special new station wagon you can polish with confidence that you wont marr her paint! - I didnt know you were american?

What Marc is saying is if you buy enough pads to correct the car (looks like 2 in the kit) then you will be able to finish a car without marring and if you had to change to a foam pad to finish down would that hurt that much?

Its allowing people to correct without a rotary and without the chance of heat build up and damage, a bit of marring is easy to diagnose and sort. Clean or change the pad and stop loading the pad up so much?

Comment

• Novus
                        VXR Torque of the Devil
                        • 24 February 2009

OK guys lots of good points here but just to add a simple view on the products for all the people reading this and not quite knowing if its worth it or not

Its does work as a correction tool using the d300 compound from the kit

The d301 finishing wax is poor imo hence why when i was using this i reverted to finishing with m205

i would agree with Marc and reccomend 4 pads for a car not the 2 you get in the kit

the pads are great when new but do deteriorate BUT as a tool for hobbyists this isnt an issue for me as doing there car or a friends now and again wont kill the pads quickly, i used it on several jobs and although i had a good amount of pads(thanks meguiars,lol) they quickly eroded but that was on a commercial use so i wasnt surprised.

Is it worth buying,well yes and no if you want to try and achieve good correction with a new product that works then give it a try .

but are you already achieving this with what you are using ................well thats the question .
                        Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

• Heavenly
                          • 12 August 2006

Eureka...
                          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

• Heavenly
                            • 12 August 2006

And for Ralph , yes Paul is testing it alongside a few in a circle giving feedback, he corrected an Audi R8 bonnet and saved a third of the time but with I believe a Festool 150 FEQ which he has now kindly sent out to Todd in the US to try with the system.
                            HeavenlyDetail

Comment

• moosh
                              • 3 August 2008

Originally posted by Heavenly
                              And for Ralph , yes Paul is testing it alongside a few in a circle giving feedback, he corrected an Audi R8 bonnet and saved a third of the time but with I believe a Festool 150 FEQ which he has now kindly sent out to Todd in the US to try with the system.
                              Festool 150 FEQ - You love that machine mate

Comment

• Heavenly
                                • 12 August 2006

I have the shinex, I'm resisting the FEQ Rotex so far...
                                HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...