• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daz
    Dont need wings
    • 10 May 2006

CYC Now Stock Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System

i`m sure Tim won`t mind me posting details

plus a review on autopia http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...er-system.html
  • badboyburt
    Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken
    • 13 July 2009

Been looking this for a while, cheers Daz
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

• Daz
      Dont need wings
      • 10 May 2006

so tempted to buy myself but just recently bought a rotary along with getting 2 new tyres this week plus a few other little bits and bats , in other words i`ve spent all me pocket money .

another vid here

Comment

• Heavenly
        I tell ya wat I want wat I really really want
        • 12 August 2006

Don't forget you willneed at least 4 of each pad to do a car unless you have an airline via compressor and working speeds are traditionally slower to normal DA work. It's work slower to achieve faster and if you go in with normal speeds you won't get as good results. I've experienced some DA Haze with this system so a clean pad is s must and even swooping over to 205 between compound and finishing wax if required.
        I've followed guidelines given to me by Jason Rose of Meguiars and Todd who does all his correction work with this system and they are correct in their statements, others online may post they have done this and that but trust the guy who designed it and the guy who tests it for Meguiars and you won't go wrong.
        Last edited by Heavenly; 15 July 2011, 07:37 AM.
        HeavenlyDetail
        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

• moosh
          I get a Buzz out of life!
          • 3 August 2008

Originally posted by Heavenly
          Don't forget you willneed at least 4 of each pad to do a car unless you have an airline via compressor and working speeds are traditionally slower to normal DA work. It's work slower to achieve faster and if you go in with normal speeds you won't get as good results. I've experienced some DA Haze with this system so a clean pad is s must and even swooping over to 205 between compound and finishing wax if required.
          I've followed guidelines given to me by Jason Rose of Meguiars and Todd who does all his correction work with this system and they are correct in their statements, others online may post they have done this and that but trust the guy who designed it and the guy who tests it for Meguiars and you won't go wrong.
          So what speed setting would you advice using? I'd assume the package it comes in will give some guidance?

I agree with you on the pads front, can you use a spur with these or just an airline to clean? Luck ive got the airline but i am thinking the kit would be more friends who are keen to do more with thier car but i wont let them near the rotary lol

PS how does this compare to the chem guys kit which is similar?

Comment

• Heavenly
            • 12 August 2006

Approx 4500 opm compounding max and 3500 opm finishing but slightly heavier pressure on compounding and slower movements, your working an area more intensely in theory ive found than a larger area with sweeping movements. I have no where near enough pads to be happy, when the fibre is flat it's game over, brushing is no good infact I think Kevin Brown one of the documented US Top Ten and another Mequiars tester has just posted on this somewhere on DW about how you wouldn't rake your hair, I'll try find it but on phone and struggling with net at present.
            Last edited by Heavenly; 15 July 2011, 09:10 AM.
            HeavenlyDetail

Comment

• Heavenly
              • 12 August 2006

Found it....

From another thread:

Rake+hair=FAIL

The post:

USE A RAKE TO COMB YOUR HAIR? I DON’T THINK SO!

Imagine having to remove some sort of gritty, oily, caked on goop from your hair using nothing more than a common leaf rake. For guys like me, imagining a full head of hair is merely a harsh reminder of what once was, but I digress. For the hairy-headed among us, think about how futile such an attempt might be.

Unless the rake’s teeth were able to force their way between the hairs and strip the goop away, all that would likely occur is perhaps a haphazard redo of your 'do! I think it’s pretty safe to say that most of the hair on your head would stay packed tightly together. The probability of cleaning and separating thousands of hair strands using the comparatively thick and flimsy raking teeth is undoubtedly very low.

Yet, in the midst of a polishing session, many of us attempt to clean our buffing pads using nothing more than a run of the mill, nylon bristled brush. Unless the pad is coated in dry or crusty residue, agitating the fibers or pores of a pad won’t do a whole lot of good. In fact, other than seeing some foam or fibrous pad remnants and a few crusty residue bits, I don’t recall seeing any oil or grease droppings oozing from the brush. Isn’t there a better way to clean foam, microfiber, or microfinger pads on the fly?

Back to the hair: I suppose that if we didn’t have shampoo and water handy, most of use would reach for a towel in an attempt to wipe the goop away. Perhaps we would first wipe our hair with the towel, then agitate it with a brush, and repeat both steps until we were satisfied that we had removed all we could.

In fact, lots of us use this exact method for cleaning our pads when we are polishing paint using random orbital machines. First, we agitate the pad with a brush. Then, we place the face of the pad against a towel and run the machine until the pad looks pretty clean. Some guys will go one step further and mist the pad with water, then repeat the towel step (I do this while cutting, but never for finishing). Three steps later, the pad usually looks pretty darned good!

Sounds like a lot of work, and it is. Luckily, there is a much better way.

The best way to clean a buffing pad in the midst of a polishing session is to blow it clean using compressed air. A high-pressure blast of air aimed directly at the pad’s face loosens stuck-on contaminants, and will have no problem separating fibers or cleaning pores with ease. Compressed air works incredibly well on wool pads, so the need to spur a pad is virtually eliminated. With air, there’s no way I’m transferring trace amounts of plastic or metal onto my pads as I clean them. One less big deal to worry about.

Most detailers and paint polishing enthusiasts don’t keep a portable air compressor in their polishing kits, so perhaps it’s not a reasonable option for most folks right now. But rest assured, as our pads become more fibrous and our compounds feature finer and more capable abrasives, you’re going to need an air compressor.

So the next time the desire hits to buy that “must have” polishing machine, consider purchasing a small air compressor instead. Once you make the switch, you may just realize that you didn’t need that new machine after all.
              HeavenlyDetail

Comment

• moosh
                • 3 August 2008

Approx 4500 opm compounding max and 3500 opm finishing but slightly heavier pressure on compounding and slower movements, your working an area more intensely in theory ive found than a larger area with sweeping movements. I have no where near enough pads to be happy, when the fibre is flat it's game over, brushing is no good infact I think Kevin Brown one of the documented US Top Ten and another Mequiars tester has just posted on this somewhere on DW about how you wouldn't rake your hair, I'll try find it but on phone and struggling with net at present.
                Found it....

From another thread:

Rake+hair=FAIL

The post:

USE A RAKE TO COMB YOUR HAIR? I DON’T THINK SO!

Imagine having to remove some sort of gritty, oily, caked on goop from your hair using nothing more than a common leaf rake. For guys like me, imagining a full head of hair is merely a harsh reminder of what once was, but I digress. For the hairy-headed among us, think about how futile such an attempt might be.

Unless the rake’s teeth were able to force their way between the hairs and strip the goop away, all that would likely occur is perhaps a haphazard redo of your 'do! I think it’s pretty safe to say that most of the hair on your head would stay packed tightly together. The probability of cleaning and separating thousands of hair strands using the comparatively thick and flimsy raking teeth is undoubtedly very low.

Yet, in the midst of a polishing session, many of us attempt to clean our buffing pads using nothing more than a run of the mill, nylon bristled brush. Unless the pad is coated in dry or crusty residue, agitating the fibers or pores of a pad won’t do a whole lot of good. In fact, other than seeing some foam or fibrous pad remnants and a few crusty residue bits, I don’t recall seeing any oil or grease droppings oozing from the brush. Isn’t there a better way to clean foam, microfiber, or microfinger pads on the fly?

Back to the hair: I suppose that if we didn’t have shampoo and water handy, most of use would reach for a towel in an attempt to wipe the goop away. Perhaps we would first wipe our hair with the towel, then agitate it with a brush, and repeat both steps until we were satisfied that we had removed all we could.

In fact, lots of us use this exact method for cleaning our pads when we are polishing paint using random orbital machines. First, we agitate the pad with a brush. Then, we place the face of the pad against a towel and run the machine until the pad looks pretty clean. Some guys will go one step further and mist the pad with water, then repeat the towel step (I do this while cutting, but never for finishing). Three steps later, the pad usually looks pretty darned good!

Sounds like a lot of work, and it is. Luckily, there is a much better way.

The best way to clean a buffing pad in the midst of a polishing session is to blow it clean using compressed air. A high-pressure blast of air aimed directly at the pad’s face loosens stuck-on contaminants, and will have no problem separating fibers or cleaning pores with ease. Compressed air works incredibly well on wool pads, so the need to spur a pad is virtually eliminated. With air, there’s no way I’m transferring trace amounts of plastic or metal onto my pads as I clean them. One less big deal to worry about.

Most detailers and paint polishing enthusiasts don’t keep a portable air compressor in their polishing kits, so perhaps it’s not a reasonable option for most folks right now. But rest assured, as our pads become more fibrous and our compounds feature finer and more capable abrasives, you’re going to need an air compressor.

So the next time the desire hits to buy that “must have” polishing machine, consider purchasing a small air compressor instead. Once you make the switch, you may just realize that you didn’t need that new machine after all.
                Handy Info mark thanks!

I take it these pads can be washed out? I agree with that as a micro fibre is a mission to clear compound off

Comment

• Dan_vxR
                  VXR Torque of the Devil
                  • 1 October 2009

Just got my order from tim today, you get an email to state within the hour that it will arrive at your door

just wish i got trade prices

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

• Heavenly
                    • 12 August 2006

Originally posted by moosh
                    Handy Info mark thanks!

I take it these pads can be washed out? I agree with that as a micro fibre is a mission to clear compound off
                    Yea for sure, the Chemguys ones are identical and Do exactly the same job , one of the companies produced them first and I believe the other took note.
                    Festool 150 FEQ yummy
                    If you want any Gordy pm me and I'll sort you a discount code to get some, chem guys or Megs.
                    HeavenlyDetail

Comment

• moosh
                      • 3 August 2008

Yea for sure, the Chemguys ones are identical and Do exactly the same job , one of the companies produced them first and I believe the other took note.
                      Festool 150 FEQ yummy
                      If you want any Gordy pm me and I'll sort you a discount code to get some, chem guys or Megs.
                      Thanks very much mark thats much appreciated dude!

Ahh the festools im looking at both at the moment, i love the makita but the festool has a pretty box with it

PS i am planning getting celeste back in as i have been looking at pictures and you just cant beat the finish off it!
                      Last edited by moosh; 15 July 2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• JuicyJen
                        VXR enough
                        • 15 April 2010

I've been testing out the CG system on our black Audi A5 which is in a shocking condition so I thought if it can work on this then its good for any challenge and have to say I've been quite impressed....as Marc says though I think the biggest problem is going to be the pads. Tried it using hex logic pads on the rotary to just to see the difference

Comment

• Novus
                          VXR Torque of the Devil
                          • 24 February 2009

Its a good kit,ive been using it until recently for a good few months but take heed to what marc says you really have to reduce your working speed to achieve its potential and i didnt get the best from it until an email from Marcs friend Todd cooperider regarding another matter touched on best technique,followed his way et voila,decent results everytime

Pads are a pain and you REALLY need a few as stated to do a full car.there not the most durable long term as the quality of the pile deteriorates quite quickly using traditional cleaning technique so a compressor would be ideal.................but a luxury not all have.

With regard the chem guys version,very similar and cheaper to get started but cg uk wont sell you the pads seperately so you will gravitate toward buuying megs or surbuf pads anyway which are individually available.

Get buying it then guys very easy to achieve results if done correctly
                          Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

• Ralphvxr
                            VXR Torque of the Devil
                            • 13 September 2008

Seems a ball ache from reading posts of people who have used it ????

I am no pro but i like to try a few things now and again but on 1 hand you got people saying scholl the way forward and in the next breath Try this or that

As per Robs avatar (BullSh!t Repellant) !!!!

Comment

• Novus
                              VXR Torque of the Devil
                              • 24 February 2009

Originally posted by Ralphvxr
                              Seems a ball ache from reading posts of people who have used it ????

I am no pro but i like to try a few things now and again but on 1 hand you got people saying scholl the way forward and in the next breath Try this or that

As per Robs avatar (BullSh!t Repellant) !!!!
                              Kind of agree here Dan,the thing is as new products and systems arrive on the market they are always better than how we were doing it before,not always the case but in some cases it may improve your times or finish marginally howver is that really a good reason to junk what you already use.
                              End of the Day find a system of polishes and pads with which you are happy with in regard to finish and ease of use and use it all up THEN buy a new range ,or buy a fill up of the one you were using if it worked well for you.
                              As you know im out of the game now and have sold all my polishes including scholl................except 105 and 205 as for me they ticked my boxes in what I want from a combo.

Remember,detailing product companies when alls said and done are first and foremost there to keep there business afloat by parting you with your hard earned cash by promising the earth........................most fail to deliver fully on a lot of these claims
                              Last edited by Novus; 16 July 2011, 06:14 AM.
                              Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Working...