This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use Zymol waxes

Does anyone use Zymol waxes on their Arden blue?
    I was just about to invest in full carbon kit again when i have been told that the Titanium wax would be better. At £67 a tub of 226g it is expensive but will last 6 months.
    So im ready to buy this and am now told that Arden blue would be better suited to concourse at £165 atub or Destiny which John from clean and shiny recommends at £450... Do i sound like an Arab???

So what wax do you use and do you use a pc with it or hand?
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Zymol waxes are all generally good, destiny wax is excellent, you need to clean all your old wax and polish off your car before applying.

I personally use various Megs and chemical guys products and can achieve the same results as I have with zymol.

Just depends on how much effort you are willing to put in to achieve the perfect finish.

Zymol is not the easiest of waxes to apply, if you do it wrong results are crap.

My VXR is Arden Blue and I generally use the following in order of application.

Megs Detailing system #1 paint cleaner
    Megs #21 sealant
    Megs #7 show car glaze
    P21S Carnuba Wax

I do use other products at specific times but the ones mentioned above I generally use on a weekly basis

Comment

Originally posted by Robbieben
      My VXR is Arden Blue and I generally use the following in order of application.

Megs Detailing system #1 paint cleaner
      Megs #21 sealant
      Megs #7 show car glaze
      P21S Carnuba Wax
      Robbie - I was always lead to believe that sealant went on after wax as a final layer?

I've been looking at getting some of the #21 sealant you use - whats it like and also whats the purpose of the #7 show car glaze alongside it?

Comment

I have astra vxr in arde blue and use Zymol auto wash concentrate, cleans really well with nice smell of coconuts
        Use Zymol Cleaner Wax to polish. This gives good results, but requires a little elbow grease to get rid of white powder. Swirl marks do not seem to be a problem with this product and water sheets off easily.
        I am pleased with the results, but still annoyed at the brittle nature of the paint (stone chips seem to be an optional extra I did not pay for). Still waiting for Stu to get back to me with paint test results enquiry.

See Miracle Detailing web site for examples of the best waxes available.

Comment

with the zymol cleaner wax it gives even better results if you spray a fine mist of water on it before you polish it off give better results and no dust or white powder :wink: i also have been trying some of the swissol products and waxes and these are very good also :wink:

Comment

Re: Does anyone use Zymol waxes

[quote="vxrmarc"]Does anyone use Zymol waxes on their Arden blue?
            I was just about to invest in full carbon kit again when i have been told that the Titanium wax would be better. At £67 a tub of 226g it is expensive but will last 6 months.
            So im ready to buy this and am now told that Arden blue would be better suited to concourse at £165 atub or Destiny which John from clean and shiny recommends at £450... Do i sound like an Arab???

would be nice to have £450 quid to blow on polish

Comment

Originally posted by Daz_vxr
              with the zymol cleaner wax it gives even better results if you spray a fine mist of water on it before you polish it off give better results and no dust or white powder :wink: i also have been trying some of the swissol products and waxes and these are very good also :wink:
              Daz is that the Duck Egg blue stuff you can buy from Halfords? I use that but never managed to use it on the VXR's. I can really recommend that stuff though.

Comment

Just my tupence, I have always used Zymol on my arden VXR and wr blue scoobs before that, if its your first time get yourself a starter fit from Vertar webite about £90-100. Carbon is really for darker coloured cars, titanium is better but creme will suit the blue better and is a little cheaper. However if you want a little more get the concours wax. In the pack you get the applicators the wax(your choice), the wash, hd cleanse (a cheaper Lhem clay) a choice of leather or vinyl cleaner and a few towels if i can remember. YOu will probably need a few more towels, some glass cleaner, and some wheel protector. (wonder wheels is better for cleaning)
                It is very very good, but takes a while. Its worth the money,
                But I would say get some megs clay detailer and use that after washing it, before waxing it with Zymol, then also get some megs gold glass wax to give it a quick wax now and again

Comment

sealent should go on before the wax btw, to whoever asked

Comment

Originally posted by Skinner
                    I have astra vxr in arde blue and use Zymol auto wash concentrate, cleans really well with nice smell of coconuts
                    Use Zymol Cleaner Wax to polish. This gives good results, but requires a little elbow grease to get rid of white powder. Swirl marks do not seem to be a problem with this product and water sheets off easily.
                    I am pleased with the results, but still annoyed at the brittle nature of the paint (stone chips seem to be an optional extra I did not pay for). Still waiting for Stu to get back to me with paint test results enquiry.

See Miracle Detailing web site for examples of the best waxes available.
                    DID HE GET BACK TO YOU?
                    HeavenlyDetail
                    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine
                      Originally posted by Daz_vxr
                      Daz is that the Duck Egg blue stuff you can buy from Halfords? I use that but never managed to use it on the VXR's. I can really recommend that stuff though.
                      Yes catherine it is the like greeny blue colour but i only use this now and again not every week as it is actually a cutting polish. i have turned my attention now to the mothers range of polishes and have done mine twice with mothers polish wax and mothers top coat reflections and i must say the results are even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jon

Robbie - I was always lead to believe that sealant went on after wax as a final layer?

I've been looking at getting some of the #21 sealant you use - whats it like and also whats the purpose of the #7 show car glaze alongside it?
                        Sealants are used to protect the paint surface from UV and general fallout which will penetrate a wax etc and should be applied directly to paint surface.
                        #7 show car glaze provides a deeper gloss to the paint finish, apply and leave for an hour or so to allow it to bond then buff off and finish with wax

Comment

I use it occasionally on my 888 for removing swirl marks, but find meg scratch-x better. Always seems to be masses of dust when I use the zymol though. Have to try the water spray tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jon

No mate, seal first, then wax

Comment

I got the Zymol Carbon Kit and have used it on my VXR. However there isn't anything in the Zymol treatment process that states you have to seal the car first - am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                              X